Valentine's Day is right around the corner and regardless if you'll be celebrating with your significant other or going it solo, you should still treat your ears to some sweet tunes of the romantic sort. Let your ears steep in this little playlist of songs inspired by love and created by ten emerging, indie electro-pop artists who you should definitely give your love to in 2016.
Here's a quick breakdown of each track:
- A R I Z O N A's "Where I Wanna Be" will give you all the lovey-dovey feels with its prominent, dance-pop beat laced with some charged-up acoustic guitar melodies floating in the background.
- If you're not feeling ready to lie down and cuddle with your partner all day after listening to Kidswaste's divine remix of Khai's "Do You Go Up", then you're not doing Valentine's Day right.
- Sleepy, synth-based track "Promises" should put Tep No on your music radar with addicting, raspy vocals that bring all the summery romance.
- With a sultry, R&B voice, Barcelona-based artist LissA will make you feel pretty sexy and loved after listening to her newly-released track, "Zimt".
- Wafia's breathy voice on "Heartburn" might ignite your heart with passion or at least a desire to listen to more of her seductive tracks.
- JUMPSWIM's "Do For Love," with smooth R&B vocals from Ninna Lundberg and some plucky synths, is the perfect accompaniment to that candlelit dinner for two… or one. You'll enjoy this song even if you don't have someone to receive or send flowers to.
- NÜME's more cooled-down version of Rihanna's new song "Kiss It Better" will be keeping you up with cool synth-progressions and subtle beats.
- dePresno sets the mood for a slow dance with his quietly intimate song "Forever". If you haven't told your partner "I love you" yet on Valentine's Day, make sure to play this song to set the perfect mood for that perfect moment.
- Allure's sunny dance single "Touch Me" hits in all the right spots while eating some Valentine's Day chocolate in the late PM.
- And finally, listening to GLADE'S creamy voice on "Drive" will take you to a far-away, romantic paradise as you're "dancing in the color of the golden light".