It's hard to describe Chris Glover's music under one name or feeling. Known as Penguin Prison, his roots in the Upper East Side of New York City and early interest in a variety of music allowed him to be exposed to all kinds of music, which has now translated into a brand all his own. With live music, electronica, pop, disco, classic rock and dance all accounted for in his style, Penguin Prison has just added his second album release to his resume this week.
Entitled Lost In New York, it is surely attributed to his roots. But looking forward, the 11-track LP looks to the next generation of fun-loving pop, with a deeper understanding for lyricism and timeless composition. We saw a few singles ahead of the release: "Never Gets Old" and "Calling Out," but now, the whole album is available to stream via his SoundCloud page. Check it out below along with his celebratory tour dates, starting this weekend in Brooklyn.
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/104481201" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
- Saturday, May 9 - Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg
- Thursday, May 14 - Washington, DC - U Street Music Hall
- Friday, May 15 - Morelos, Mexico - Festival Vaivén
- Monday, July 13 - Chicago, IL - Lincoln Hall
- Saturday, July 18 - Scranton, PA - Camp Bisco*
- Monday, July 20 - Vancouver, BC - Electric Owl
- Tuesday, July 21 - Seattle, WA - Neumos
- Thursday, July 23 - San Francisco, CA - The Independent
- Friday, July 24 - Los Angeles, CA - The Roxy
- Saturday, July 25 - Santa Ana, CA - Constellation Room
Lost In New York
May 5th, 2015