As we go back to the West Coast, we're giving you a chance to share the stage with some of the world's biggest DJs right now at Canada's hottest beach festival, Monster Energy Center of Gravity. Now in it’s 6th year, the much anticipated Monster Energy Center of Gravity returns to Kelowna’s City Park August 2 – 4, 2013. MECOG features 3 stages, 7 sports, exhibitor villages, food vendors, sponsor exhibits, and that's just the start. Playing the festival this year are huge acts Tiesto, Kaskade, Wolfgang Gartner, Dada Life, and many more!
To enter the contest, submit a mix to our microsite, HERE. Have your fans and friends vote so you can rank up in the chart! Submit the mix before July 30th, 2013, as a winner will be announced July 31st. The winner will be chosen on the basis of popularity and the expert opinions of our judges. Full contest details are below as well as a recap vid.
- Record a mix (45 minutes MINIMUM)
- Include bootlegs, mashups, and originals if you have them
- Upload your mix to youtube or soundcloud
- Submit the mix on the contest site HERE before July 30th 11:59pm MST 2013
- The winner will be chosen on the basis of popularity and the expert opinions of our Monster Energy Center of Gravity, Earmilk, and Wavo panel of judges - we are looking for originality, creativity, and overall effectiveness in the mix.
- Priority will be given to the mixes that include quality original productions and tracks from the artists performing at COG.
- The winner will be announced July 31st, 2013.
- The winner will play a set at Monster Energy Center of Gravity Festival in Kelowna, BC and receive two VIP backstage passes for the artist and a friend.
- The winner will receive a full artist feature post on Earmilk.com prior to the festival to build up some hype for the artist.
- The winner will be notified on July 31st through an email addressed from Earmilk or Monster Energy Center of Gravity.
- Winner will have 2 days to respond to email. Failure to respond will constitute grounds for disqualification, in which case the 2nd place contestant will be notified.
- Winner must provide to arrange their own transportation and accommodations - ground transportation and accommodations are NOT included.
- Winner must live in British Columbia or Alberta and be 18 years or older.
Check out the 2011 recap video here so you have an idea of what's in store this year: