Singer-songwriter and storyteller Ashe recently released her long awaited album, Moral of the Story: Chapter 2, with indie label Mom + Pop Records. Ashe has been steadily laying the groundwork for an active fanbase, a full team of support, and some really nice streaming numbers. Some of her accolades include, 48 million total global streams, repeated appearances on Spotify's Global Viral 50, and nine HypeM #1 slots in a row, and not to mention her collaborative effort co-writing Demi Lovato's hit single, "You Don't Do It For Me Anymore".
Moral of the Story: Chapter 2, is the second part of her EP series, beforehand Ashe released Moral of the Story: Chapter 1, all the records have some relation to relationships and are her personal antidotes to exploring and navigating the trials and tribulations of close encounters and relationships. We had the pleasure of Ashe giving us a full breakdown of both Part I and Part II, sharing intimate details of her own life, and the backbone of the project which was bad toxic relationships. Set amongst her emotionally charged vocal performances and indie-pop productions, Ashe isn't holding anything back in her work. Check out the 2 part EPs and her full breakdown below.
- Couldn't help myself with this one, I 98% of the time have zero figured out in my life and I'm definitely a sucker for comparing myself to the people around me. Amazing that once I put this out, I realized how very not alone I was in feeling like this.
- You can't force someone to feel something they don't or make them make up their minds. "I can't make you love me if you don't" — Bonnie Raitt
Shitty Places, Pretty Faces
- This one is a big "finding myself" kind of song. We don't have to stay in situations that are toxic. As much as it may feel like it, we're not stuck. I wanted someone to tell me this when I was falling apart in my marriage.
Moral of the Story
- The song that started it all. "In the end it's better for me, that's the moral of the story." It's hard to except when you've made a mistake in love or life. But realizing all those mistakes have made you who you are and have helped shape the life you're in you puts a different light on things.
- Not everyone is trustworthy! Keep your circle small, know who you can trust and share your story/secrets with. Not everyone has your best intention at heart.
Cold In California
- Cold in California is about my love hate relationship with California and more importantly, with myself. I was born and raised in the NorCal and now live in Los Angeles. I have spent more time in my life here than anywhere else in the world. It's a magical and painful place, just like my heart is. (Ooo deep). Haha. But honestly. As many musicians have gone before, this song is me grappling with my home.
- Simple as this: I have a long way to go. Still very immature in so many ways. I can't wait to be a wise old lady one day.
Not How It's Supposed To Go
- Back to emotional abusive relationships! There's a new normal out there for you if all you've known are dysfunctional relationships. I know it's incredibly painful to let something go, especially when it's all you know, but I promise you, there's a better way. You don't have to be miserable in love.