2009-09-14T11:54:04+00:00 2009-10-21T13:52:55+00:00

Earmilk for you, him, her and us, whats to come.. with your help!

We don't mean to drink our own juice but – we think Earmilk is pretty sweet. We're basically making this post to give you an idea of where earmilk is at and where we are headed. Also, this is an outreach to our readers, to YOU, to have everyone give us feedback and to start getting our growing community more involved with earmilk, as well as with one another. So please take the time to read!

Earmilk broke on the scene mid 2009, but its contributors have been participating in music blog culture as eager readers for many years now. We rose very quickly finding our niches and our fanbases positioned in each. We are a group of odd fellows who find purpose in sharing good music and supporting the artists/people that make that music happen. Right now we explore our favourite genres and talk about what we find relevant in todays music. This is the earmilk of present.

The earmilk of the future is much more than that. We are currently in early stages of many different projects all focused around music, fashion and the urban community as a whole – Basically, a whack of services that bring you information about music you love and might love ;)

Future Earmilk Features:

• weekly audio/video podcasting
  • street interviews
  • merchandise (t-shirts, stickers, etc)
  • more indepth interviews/reviews
  • and of course.. tons-o-contests (giving us a chance to give back to everyone who's supported us so strongly)

With all of that being said…our main goal is getting you, the thirsty listener involved as much as possible. We want and crave your suggestions, concerns and input. Not just us interacting more with our readers, but our readers interacting with each other.. we wanna be the equivalent of that first cup of coffee for you in the morning, something to get excited about.

So – Please take the time to comment on this post and give us your feedback.. what do YOU wanna see more of? More contests? More interviews? More reviews? If we set up a forum that would say introduce exclusive releases, albums, a networking place for producers and musicians, a place to interact and swap ideas, stories, and thoughts? Like we said, the main goal is getting you audio guzzlers out there more involved, so please take the time to comment, introduce yourself, and give us a piece of your mind!

HOW YOU CAN FOLLOW EARMILK

HOW YOU CAN HELP EARMILK

• Submit tracks by either yourself or tracks you think our readers would enjoy
  • Tell your friends about Earmilk (the power of word of mouth)
  • Submit new ideas and new avenues that you would like to see earmilk dip into
  • Place Earmilk stickers EVERYWHERE in your city (stickers coming soon)

Our Future is so Bright…

The Future (Mark Moore Remix)
Download: Prince – The Future (Mark Moore Remix)

04 - Sun Is Shining
Download: Bob Marley & The Wailers – Sun Is Shining (Yes King Remix)

15-Jay-Z Ft. Mr Hudson-Young Forever
Download: Jay-Z Ft. Mr Hudson – Young Forever

08-souls_of_mischief-93_til_infinity-rec
Download: Souls of Mischief – '93 Til Infinity

03 - Tomorrow Comes Today
Download: Gorillaz – Tomorrow Comes Today

Uncategorized

Comments

• Pingback: Earmilk for you, him, her and us, whats to come.. with your help! - Video Beijing

• all the above? or is that too much to ask for hehe.. love the site so far.. just keep the good music coming

cassie V September 14, 2009 8:21 PM Reply

cassie V September 14, 2009 1:21 PM Reply
  • I agree with Cassie, you guys have a great thing going and it can only get better. I think that broadening the horizons in terms of fashion, interviews, urbanities and culture would be great…even some contests. Maybe some local events in towns around the country if possible down the line! I personally don't know that I'd get too involved in the forum because I come here to find some new music, see what you guys have, read the reviews/interviews, and look at the pretty pictures. After that I'm pretty much done. If I can get my hands on stickers though, you know those will be on every light pole I see. I'd rep this site hard. I do think It would also be cool to have a bit of a frequent user profile, so someone could sign in to see the new things and updates, they'd be able to "favorite" certain articles, posts, songs, whatever, and that would show up for them on their user profile for them to access or check at a later time.

Just ideas though! Keep up the great posts and style.
    Did I mention that? I really love the website layout and styling =]

kean September 14, 2009 9:50 PM Reply

Just ideas though! Keep up the great posts and style.
    Did I mention that? I really love the website layout and styling =]

kean September 14, 2009 2:50 PM Reply
  • @kean – kean you are the man..we appreciate the feedback.. as far as profiles, and keeping track of certain songs.. we actually plan on integrating hypem hearting system into our site. So you'll actually be able to heart tracks from earmilk, then that way you'll have all your favorite posts/tracks save on hypem, but as far as personal profiles.. I like the idea, we'll look into it more.

itstk September 15, 2009 2:30 PM Reply

itstk September 15, 2009 7:30 AM Reply
  • I effing love the site and the tracks you offer. The artists and the remixes/mashups are AMAZING! No other music blog matches my personal tastes more closely than yours. Please don't ever stop!

Benjamín September 15, 2009 2:48 PM Reply

Benjamín September 15, 2009 7:48 AM Reply
  • Agree with all of the above. I've been reading these pages since their inception and love what you guys are doing. I think the community ideas with profiles and stuff would be a great idea so regular readings can get to know each other, especially if it was liked to twitter or hypem profiles or something.

When I was living in Washington DC for a bit (I'm from the UK though) my mates and I used to check http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/ all the time for stuff happening around the city and it was a great source for all things cool there. I dunno how you guys are geographically placed but there might be some inspiration from that site.

SimR September 15, 2009 9:36 PM Reply

SimR September 15, 2009 2:36 PM Reply
  • @Benjamín – I feel exactly the same way! Can't dance without my tall glass of earmilk.

Phil September 15, 2009 11:13 PM Reply

Phil September 15, 2009 4:13 PM Reply
  • @SimR – appreciate the feedback, and the reference, we'll look into it

So I take it you guys would enjoy having profiles it seems, give you guys a better chance to advertise your social networks and give you a better chance to interact with one another, so I think we're gonna add that into the todo list..

Also again, for those who commented so far thanks again, your feedback is more appreciated then you know and for those who havent.. take 2 seconds to share your thoughts with us.. we're doing this for you guys at the end of the day, so its what you guys want.

itstk September 16, 2009 12:45 AM Reply
  • @SimR – appreciate the feedback, and the reference, we'll look into it

itstk September 15, 2009 5:45 PM Reply
  • whatever you do, dont ever change.

Don Benis September 16, 2009 6:06 PM Reply
  • whatever you do, dont ever change.

Don Benis September 16, 2009 11:06 AM Reply
  • You guys are doing an amazing job man, your music selection is truth! Gracias por todo amigos!

El Dom September 16, 2009 10:55 PM Reply

El Dom September 16, 2009 3:55 PM Reply
  • Young Forever is actually a kind of remix for another song called Forever Young by youth group.

ann September 17, 2009 3:59 AM Reply

ann September 16, 2009 8:59 PM Reply
  • @ann – it was originally by alphaville, youth group covered it also.

gh September 17, 2009 4:23 PM Reply
  • @ann – it was originally by alphaville, youth group covered it also.

gh September 17, 2009 9:23 AM Reply
  • I go to earmilk every morning at work. I love this site!

TAM TAM September 18, 2009 5:39 PM Reply
  • I go to earmilk every morning at work. I love this site!

TAM TAM September 18, 2009 10:39 AM Reply
  • Please Remove the Track, la ZEBRA- INTO THE FUTURE

Cheers

la ZEBRA October 21, 2009 6:06 PM Reply
  • Please Remove the Track, la ZEBRA- INTO THE FUTURE

Cheers

la ZEBRA October 21, 2009 1:06 PM Reply
  • was trying to find where to submit and couldnt, so even thought its unprofessional I'll leave the music here that i want to contribute

New Music From The Up & Coming Artist Straight Outta Philadelphia, William Aston. Check Out His 1st Music Video alongside his group members A.Y & Vertical.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqkQ5flubvM&feature=youtu.beDownload Available Here: http://soundcloud.com/williamaston/steaktown-anthem

Sincerebaron July 26, 2012 10:39 AM Reply