Warren G's Regulate... G Funk Era was an iconic LA album that's still revered by California natives as an important piece of (West Coast) hip hop history. Originally released by the late Chris Light’s Violator label through Def Jam, Regulate… G Funk Era was a massively successful album that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard Top 200, and eventually went triple-platinum.
It's getting a re-release set for December 9th that will mark 20 years since the album was released. The new album will feature three new remixes from the likes of Photek, Jauz, and another LA legend Destructo (with Wax Motif alongside him), that is sure to bring another breath of fresh air to the classic songs. One thing is for sure, this album is about to reach a whole nest of new listeners with a little help from the electronic and dance community.
In order to celebrate the massive LA-centered release, we've also managed to snag something really cool for our readers- two free tickets for Warren G's upcoming show at Club Nokia in Downtown Los Angeles. Featuring DJ Quik, Tha Dogg Pound, Too Short, and RJ, the event is called West Coast Feast III, and a perfect way to close out November.
- Regulate (featuring Nate Dogg)
- Do You See
- Gangsta Sermon (featuring Ricky Harris)
- Recognize (featuring The Twinz)
- Super Soul Sis (featuring Jah Skills)
- 94 Ho Draft (featuring Ricky Harris)
- So Many Ways (featuring Wayniac and Lady Levi)
- This D.J. (featuring O.G.L.B.)
- This is the Shack (featuring The Dove Shack)
- What’s Next (featuring Mr. Malik)
- And Ya Don’t Stop
- Runnin’ wit No Breaks (featuring Jah Skills, Bo Roc, G Child and The Twinz)
- Regulate (Destructo & Wax Motif Remix)
- Regulate (Photek Remix)**
- Regulate (Jauz Remix)