Strange things are afoot in Sleep Party People’s latest video, “Fainting Spell.” The eerie visuals start out right from the gates with a hooded figure sitting at a desk with some crawling walls in front of him/her. Shot in black and white, the video traces the creation of SPP’s iconic rabbit mask, a staple that Brian Batz and crew rock at all their live shows.
On “Fainting Spell” SPP utilizes his soft and dream like voice to create a wonderful track over his continuously building and layered productions. Things start out like a scene in Groundhog's Day, a bell chiming and then restarting, over and over before Batz adds more layers into the mix. Couple this with the retro TV flickering images of a masked bunny man singing to the audience, and you’ve got yourself a winner.
As the track continues to build, our hero gets closer and closer to finishing his mask. As he puts the finishing touches on his mask, things come to a crescendo with all the layers working perfectly in unison. “Fainting Spell” is a creepy cacophony of sound and instrumentation that only a voice as airy and dream-like as Batz’ could ride with ease.
Check out the visuals for “Fainting Spell” above and for those of you in Europe, be sure to catch Batz and his five-piece live band on his upcoming tour.
- 11/21 - Musik & Frieden , Berlin, Germany
- 11/22 - Trafo, Jena, Germany
- 11/23 - Pret A Ecouter Fest, Heidelberg, Germany
- 11/24 - Bad Bonn, Dudingen, Switzerland
- 11/25 - Le Port Franc, Sion, Switzerland
- 11/26 - Supersonic, Paris, France
- 11/27 - The Lexington, London, UK
- 11/28 - Rotown, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 11/30 - Koncerthuset, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 12/01 - Atlas, Aarhus, Denmark
- 12/02 - Studenterhuset, Aalborg, Denmark
- 12/09 - Teatr Szekspirowski, Gdansk, Poland
- 12/10 - Niebo, Warsaw, Poland
- 12/11 - Fieda, Brno, Czech republic
- 12/15 - Control Club, Bucharest, Romania