Before you send your body into the weekend full force, I need everyone to sit down and experience Warm on a Cold Night, the debut album from one of my favorite up and coming bands, HONNE.
The heat wave is real in southern California, and all we need is casual plans and even more casual music. HONNE put together an album that hits summer with a strangely coinciding manner, showing their real talent as a collective while still remaining true to their roots. We hear fast, slow, ups, and downs, a full journey through what has been an incredible year for the group and Atlantic Records.
We heard about the album back in May, but the talk went cold for a while (except for the real fans awaiting the release date). We hear a slight musical reference to 80's grunge, deep bass lines, and an overlying pop categorization. However, I myself don't like throwing musical greatness like this into a genre. The album is complete in every way, from showcasing different styles, to maintaining a consistent quality, and everything in between. I'm thoroughly impressed, and this Friday surprise has given my weekend a new tracklist.
Here are their remaining tour dates:
- 7/30 – Los Angeles, CA @ El Rey Theatre (Buy tickets)
- 7/31 – San Diego, CA @ The Casbah (Buy tickets) – I'll be there!
- 8/2 – Denver, CO @ Larimer Lounge
- 8/5 – Minneapolis, MN @ Triple Rock Social Club (Buy tickets)
- 8/8 – Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall (Buy tickets)
- 8/9 – Columbus, OH @ The Basement (Buy tickets)
- 8/10 – Toronto, ON @ Mod Club (Buy tickets)
- 8/13 – Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer (Buy tickets)
- 8/14 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club (Buy tickets)
- 8/15 – New York, NY @ Webster Hall (Buy tickets)
- 9/30-10/2 – Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits (Buy tickets)
- 10/7-9 – Austin, TX @ Austin City Limits (Buy tickets)