Earlier this year, the UK's Jess Glynne debuted her first artist album, the critically acclaimed I Cry When I Laugh. Before and after its release, Glynne's passionate, moving voice took us through upbeat pop tracks like "Real Love," and through emotional ballads like "Take Me Home." The latter is Glynne's latest focus, releasing an impressively raw video alongside a revealing statement on what the song's meaning was for her inner growth.
"This is a song about the need to have someone who cares when you are at your most vulnerable. It's a very emotional song for me and I have to admit it brings me to tears when I sing it live or when I made the video with Declan (Whitebloom). I hope it makes people realise that they should reach out to others at a time of need."
This week, she's returned again for a special re-issue of the song, this time featuring modern soul icon Anthony Hamilton. Hamilton's addition to "Take Me Home" creates a new dichotomy in the track, and a new kind of appeal to its gritty realness. Streaming via Soundcloud, you can grab I Cry When I Laugh via iTunes and Spotify.
Jess Glynne 'I Cry When I Laugh" North American Tour
+ dates supported by Conrad Sewell
- Jan-18 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club +
- Jan-20 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall +
- Jan-22 - Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club +
- Jan-23 - Philadelphia, PA @ Union Transfer +
- Jan-25 - Nashville, TN @ Mercy Lounge +
- Jan-26 - Atlanta, GA @ Terminal West +
- Jan-28 - Orlando, FL @ The Social +
- Jan-29 – Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room +
- Jan-30 – St. Petersburg, FL @ The State Theatre +
- Feb-1 - Houston, TX @ The Studio @ Warehouse Live +
- Feb-2 - Austin, TX @ The Parish +
- Feb-3 - Dallas, TX @ Trees +
- Feb-5 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater +
- Feb-8 - San Francisco, CA @ Mezzanine +
- Feb-10 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues +
- Feb-11 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Fonda +
Connect with Jess Glynne: