Attention aspiring DJs and producers, EARMILK is pleased to announce a mix contest opportunity with MATTE, a New York based creative production company focused in the conception, production, and promotion of creative music events. In an effort to support and promote the local dance scene, MATTE & EARMILK are hosting a mix contest open to artists in the New York area. The artist's mix that is selected will win a set at Painted BLACK – ACT I opening for Klangkarussell, Thomas Azier, and Stefan Biniak.
Painted BLACK is series of three theatrically immersive concerts celebrating the "queen of all colors." Beyond a typical concert series, BLACK is an exploration of color and lifestyle through an aural and visual live experience. Spanning over a course of two months in three acts, each Painted BLACK event has a distinct identity and musical genre, embracing a collection of artists across mediums, allowing each collective to mutually and uniquely interpret BLACK.
Over the next week, EARMILK x MATTE will be accepting 30 minute dark electronic mixes in the deep house // tech house // electronic range.
- Mixes MUST be dark electronic music in the deep house // tech house // electronic range.
- Submit a 30-minute mix HERE on EARMILK’s Painted BLACK Dropbox on Soundcloud by 12 PM on February 4 with the title “[Mix Producer's Name] Painted BLACK – Act I Mix Contest.”
- The contest will be open until February 4 OR until the first 50 mixes are submitted to the Dropbox.
- We will select the top [3-5] mixes that are submitted and over the following week promote them on our Soundcloud.
- The mixes will be judged on creativity, originality, and ability to bring the color BLACK to life through electronic music.
- EARMILK will select the winner based of the most amount of plays, reposts, and likes on the Soundcloud mix.
- Contestants must be 21+ to enter
- One winner will be selected and win a 30-45 minute opening set at Painted BLACK – Act I, opeing for Stefan Biniak, Thomas Azier, and Klangkarussel.
- The winner will be notified on February 11th through an email addressed from EARMILK.
- The winner will have 1 day to respond.
May the odds ever be in your deep dance favor.
About the Event:
On February 13th, Painted BLACK kicks off with ACT I, closing Fashion Week with an unforgettable night of deep dance music and sensory immersion at Irving Plaza. ACT I will feature some of the top acts in deep electronic and dance music, with Austrian duo Klangkarussell headlining the night with their debut NYC performance. The night will also feature music from Thomas Azier and Stefan Biniak two of Berlin's hottest dance music producers. Azier's music emotes an ethereal dar-kwave vibe complimenting the BLACK aesthetic. Biniak, the underground master, will be making his NYC debut playing his dark deep-bass tracks to start the night.
Painted BLACK - ACT I Mix Contest