2011-11-16T14:30:37+00:00 2011-11-27T15:10:30+00:00

Wobble Wednesday

Wobble Wednesday is here again! Welcome back! If you're not already familiar with Wobble Wednesday, that's okay – we want to make your first time amazing. Most of what you'll be listening to here is often referred to as dubstep, but can encompass all genres of heavy bass music. To quote bass music artist ill.Gates, "When you look at what some of the bigger dubstep guys are doing now, they'll play some dubstep, they'll play some drumstep, they'll plays some breaks, some drum and bass, and maybe some dance hall."

That's what Wobble Wednesday is all about. Sometimes it will sound like chainsaws raining down, other times it's going to bring back the reggae and dub roots from which dubstep rose. It could also be the hectic and upbeat sounds of drumstep. When you press play, we're going to inundate your eardrums with the wobble, punch and drop of thunderous bass. We recommend you play this music at a high volume. Playing bass music at low volume might as well be one of the seven deadly sins. Enjoy the music. We'll see you next Wednesday!

Public Service Announcement from yours truly: After catching up with Skream and Benga during our Interview, I can now see what is acceptable to post on Wobble Wednesday. Educate yourself like they educated me. What Skream and Benga say goes. Think of them as the Hammurabi of Dubstep, for when they lay down the law, you abide.

Filth

_Jerk It Out ( Sawgood remix )
Download: Caesars – Jerk It Out ( Sawgood remix )

01 crowd control (original mix)
Download: Excision And Downlink – crowd control (original mix)

Figure_Dominate
Download: Figure -Dominate

Gucci Gucci by Kreayshawn (Helicopter Showdown and IB Remix - 11A
Download: Helicopter Showdown & IB – Gucci Gucci by Kreayshawn (Helicopter Showdown and IB Remix)

Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO (The Mavrik Remix)
Download: The Mavrik – Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO (The Mavrik Remix)

02 Screw Up (Matty G Remix)
Download: Matty G – Subscape – Screw Up (Matty G Remix)

01 Scorpion Move
Download: Zedd – Scorpion Move

Bass

01 Hunted (Original Mix)
Download: sp:mc, LX One – Hunted (Original Mix)

01 Direct Blow
Download: Truth – Direct Blow

01 Back To The Bay (with Ugene)
Download: Matty G – Back To The Bay (with Ugene)

01 Open Up
Play: Dubbel Dutch – Open Up

02 Darq
Play: Dubbel Dutch – Darq

DNB

01 Anticipate (Netsky Remix)
Download: Skream – Anticipate (Netsky Remix)

Skream Jams of the week:

03 Demented
Download: Skream – Demented
CLIP/DEMO-CHITRAL by SKREAM

Follow Me           Send Me           Facebook           ∆†∆†

Dubstep

Comments

• Solid mix as usual. I was def getting into the Dubbel Dutch tracks. Keep it up Croydon

Cbusch November 16, 2011 4:55 PM Reply
  • Decent post.  But…In my (friendly) opinion. I dont think you should really include the main stream artists in posts. If people can find this blog, they shouldnt really have trouble keeping up with the mainstream Dub by them selves.  I use this site for finding the good hard to find artists.  Thats what I look forward too every wednesday, something new.  And im sure everyone else does too.

Nick K November 16, 2011 5:11 PM Reply
    • How can you say that any of these artists are mainstream if dubstep itself isn't mainstream. Maybe to someone educated in the genre of dubstep this is mainstream but to the average person it isn't. If you don't like what Croydon pumps out then go find another blog.

DJ November 16, 2011 5:48 PM Reply
      • No dubstep is not mainstream lol. But every genre has its main/big artists. All I'm saying is that it's easy to find the songs by the bigger artists such as people like doctor p, flux, datsik, and more. This is my favorite blog to get dubstep. And also what I'm saying is that I don't think the songs that everyone can find should be posted. Because everyone can find them theirselves. Would you like to see songs that everyone will know by these big artists? Or would you rather discover something new that everyone else won't have? I'm not saying change it if he doesn't want to. I really don't care. This is still my favorite post. And Croydon is still awesome. And I wouldn't say someone doesn't appreciate dubstep as much as youreself, because unless you have over 600 different artists just on dubstep, look for songs for around 2 hours everyday, and make your own songs. I think I win. And my fist post wasnt even about appreciating anything. You were the one who turned it into a negative. I was simply throwing out a suggestion.

Nick k November 16, 2011 6:50 PM Reply
        • Nick is right, wer'e not trying to troll on the blog itself, we are just offering advice.

bryce November 17, 2011 2:30 PM Reply

bryce November 17, 2011 2:30 PM Reply

bryce November 17, 2011 2:30 PM Reply

bryce November 17, 2011 2:30 PM Reply

bryce November 17, 2011 2:30 PM Reply

bryce November 17, 2011 2:30 PM Reply

bryce November 17, 2011 2:30 PM Reply
          • Why does it matter either way, instead of going seven different places for it, why not just do what croydon already does?? it easier when it's all in one place. granted that putting more effort in shows dedication, its still better to just post ALL of them in one place.

Powell November 17, 2011 5:31 PM Reply
            • Good point of view I guess.  But like I said, Its about finding something new and undiscovered.  Not only does it give you new stuff, but it also gives artists new fans. And thats important.  Bigger names dont really need the help.  And him finding all these great songs does take a lot of effort.  I put in hours and hours and hours every week and a lot of this stuff I probably would never come across.  I just like that feeling when you find new great artists. Thats why this Blog site is my favorite.  It will always, no matter what introduce me to new material from many various different artists.  And like I said before, it was only a suggestion.  Dont really care either way.  Still the best site there is.

Nick K November 17, 2011 11:25 PM Reply
      • Dubstep isn't mainstream? Are you fucking retarded?

Anonymous November 24, 2011 3:50 PM Reply
        • Uhm… No.  Its not.  If youre comparing it to all genres of music out there it is miniscule to other genres.  For example, Hip-hop, pop, rock.  The list goes on.  And just because you and all your cool high school friends listen to it, doesnt make it mainstream either.

Nick K November 24, 2011 10:25 PM Reply
          • You're a fucking retard. Brostep garbage like skrillex/doctor p/excision/datsik/flux pavilion is mainstream as fuck you retard. Yes, real dubstep (mala, phaeleh, burial, pinch, etc.) isn't mainstream, but this garbage brostep is.

Anonymous November 26, 2011 1:20 PM Reply
            • the only retard here is you… for coming on this forum to bitch every week. If you don't like the music they post here find another forum or at least stfu because you've made your OPINION known you stupid ass troll.

smowee November 26, 2011 4:40 PM Reply
            • The one thing I hate the most about idiots like you is that you have to distinguish good music by how little known it is so you can feel different from everyone else.  Good music is good music, bro.  and yeah, maybe you don't like skrillex or the other big names… but there is not one single tiny piece
              of anything that can say that they are shit. Theyre all amazing at what they do. Which is why they are bigger. So if youre one of those guys who try to
              tell others what 'real' dubstep is and/or say skrillex is shit because
              he is too mainstream… you clearly know nothing in the end.  Oh, and since theres a 'real' dubstep.  You should try explaining to me what fake dubstep is.  Because last time I checked music with the BPM of 70/140 is dubstep.  I love all dubstep.  You should crawl out of your hole and expand your horizons a bit.

Nick K November 29, 2011 12:20 AM Reply
              tell others what 'real' dubstep is and/or say skrillex is shit because

Nick K November 29, 2011 12:20 AM Reply
        • it really isnt mainstream man …. YET !

anon November 30, 2011 1:37 PM Reply
  • croydon da killuhhh. keep the dub flowin!

poopinmyearmilk? November 17, 2011 1:15 AM Reply
  • How many votes do we need to get an all drum & bass thread going?

Peanutcakeltd November 17, 2011 10:32 AM Reply
  • SICK ASS WEEK!!! Thanx CROYDON!!! The MAVRIK…. BRUTALY ILLL!!!!!

DiztrOH! November 17, 2011 6:44 PM Reply
  • Gunna go with DiztrOH on this one….nasty picks, don't think one went un-right-clicked

Kenneth Smith November 21, 2011 9:49 PM Reply

Kenneth Smith November 21, 2011 9:49 PM Reply

Kenneth Smith November 21, 2011 9:49 PM Reply

Kenneth Smith November 21, 2011 9:49 PM Reply

Kenneth Smith November 21, 2011 9:49 PM Reply

Kenneth Smith November 21, 2011 9:49 PM Reply
  • Brostep trash as usual. At least there are a few real dubstep songs (Matty G and Truth). Skream's song is fuckign terrible.

Go back and look at wobble wednesdays from a while ago and look at the ones these days. Fucking mainstream pop brostep shit. Fuck you Croydon you fucking piece of shit

Anonymous November 24, 2011 3:51 PM Reply
    • I meant the anticipate song, demented is a great song ofc

Anonymous November 24, 2011 4:15 PM Reply