2011-10-13T23:35:12+00:00 2011-10-13T23:48:18+00:00

Korn 'Narcissistic Cannibal (feat Skrillex and Kill the Noise)'

New collobartion with Skrillex, Korn and Kill the Noise. This is a preview of Korn's "dubstep" album that is soon to come in the late winter. Not sure how I feel about rock and Skrillex mixing together. After I saw them live at Coachella it doesn't look to promising for Dubstep. The thing is Skrillex really isn't Dubstep but he is just a genre of his own. Dillon Francis described to me that he isn't dubstep but just what he likes to call "Jump Up." Perhaps we can see Jump Up as a sub-genre in the future.

Korn 'Narcissistic Cannibal (feat Skrillex and Kill the Noise)' by Skrillex

Send Me

ƠƠ

Dubstep · Electronica · Experimental

Comments

• where do u want me to vomit?

theduke October 13, 2011 11:55 PM Reply
    • lmao f'real

SWAG October 14, 2011 1:35 AM Reply
  • "Perhaps we can see Jump Up as a sub-genre in the future." Jeez the mods of this blog must really be new to this because jump up is already a sub-genre of drum and bass that was popularized by such artists as shy fx,aphrodite and ak1200,,,,,,freaky flow and flipside were also champions of the sound as far as djs are concerned. the quintessential jump up track would be shy fx-chopper remix http://youtu.be/XjcKvMGFK7Y there is the link

Brandon October 14, 2011 12:10 AM Reply
  • ^^

kg October 14, 2011 12:43 AM Reply
  • kg

^^

Croydon Croydon October 14, 2011 12:53 AM Reply
  • fair shit..

Rush October 14, 2011 5:45 AM Reply
  • Awful!… Just sounds like really badly produced 'ballad rock'

LSDJ October 14, 2011 7:49 AM Reply
  • Yuck

Lurid October 14, 2011 8:26 AM Reply
  • wtf… Skrillex is just accelerating his downfall.

Anonymous October 14, 2011 8:41 AM Reply
  • -_-

Jesus October 14, 2011 9:59 AM Reply
  • Instead of hating on something, without any rebuttal or contribution to fix the "issue", lets think for a sec. Why focus on the categorization of music, and how much we don't like something?

I'd rather see people get excited for the progression of music, whether it is good or mediocre at first. Rock music fused with electronic seems to be the next wave. That aggressive, high-intensity style that alot of people like about rock, and the trancy and almost limitless tech styles mixed together are in my view, a good thing.

Sure, specifically I don't care for Korn, but I appreciate the song, for what it introduces.

Sphor October 14, 2011 10:33 AM Reply
    • See Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon for rock/electronic fusion from much earlier on. I agree that progression is good, but Skrillex and Korn is not progression…it's regression. This song is the equivalent of someone re-inventing car with wooden wheels and crank-to-start engines, nothing to get excited about.

philipjamesdevries October 18, 2011 4:02 PM Reply
  • Ehh it's an interesting juxtaposition, I guess. Not really dubstep by any conventional definition, but at least it's not as retarded as Get Up…. "Shut the fuck up, get up"… MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND

DroppinFresh October 14, 2011 11:49 AM Reply
  • This is one for the strip clubs!

Edible October 14, 2011 12:51 PM Reply
  • Is unique, that's just the reason for all the hate…

Botix October 15, 2011 4:00 AM Reply
  • It's unqiue, that's for sure… The signing just kills it for me. I'm loving the production, the "Jump Up" as Croydon refers to it.

Dranoel October 15, 2011 11:11 AM Reply
  • I'd be happy if i got the intrusmental of this song.

Dranoel October 15, 2011 11:20 AM Reply
  • not bad. I've liked Korn for a while, bringing skrillex in the mix doesn't seem too unnatural

Andy October 18, 2011 3:36 PM Reply
  • Sphor
    Instead of hating on something, without any rebuttal or contribution to fix the “issue”, lets think for a sec. Why focus on the categorization of music, and how much we don’t like something?
    I’d rather see people get excited for the progression of music, whether it is good or mediocre at first. Rock music fused with electronic seems to be the next wave. That aggressive, high-intensity style that alot of people like about rock, and the trancy and almost limitless tech styles mixed together are in my view, a good thing.
    Sure, specifically I don’t care for Korn, but I appreciate the song, for what it introduces.

stfu dude…rock with EDM has and is being done by many bands bands like Atari Teenage Riot….not this cop out money hungry crap….read the article with Korn's response to why they made a "dubstep" album….despicable….spare everyone your lame insanely general philosophic optimism of music progression because its non existent. There is in fact good music still coming out new sounds,yes. BUT the insane exploitation of the "IN THING" and the "progression" of the in thing is not always good….

Xemp October 19, 2011 2:49 AM Reply
  • "Not sure how I feel about rock and Skrillex mixing together. After I saw them live at Coachella it doesn't look to promising for Dubstep."
    Doesn't Skrilly's sound pretty much come from Rock? Examples; the almost guitar lead like riff to the intro of Scary Monsters, huge melodic three chord power choruses, the way he uses Metal like double bass drum licks, or how his drops resemble chuggy "Metalcore" breakdowns with obligatory pre-drop mosh calls. Just sayin', Skrill and Rock music kinda go hand in hand. And it seems like since his Rock/Emo/Metalcore influenced dubstep sound has reached the masses, newer productions are pulling out those aforementioned examples.

CZA December 7, 2011 9:34 PM Reply