Mick Boogie and DJ Jazzy Jeff have teamed up again to bring a follow up to their Summertime mixtape they did last year for 4th of July. The new mixtape, Summertime 2, is just as massive and amazing as last years and just in time for the holidays. The whole mix clocks in just a little over 1 hour and contains tracks from artist like: Fresh Prince, Q-Tip, R. Kelly, De La Soul, Gap Band, Pharcyde, Common and plenty more. I suggest you kick back with a brew and put this album on for your BBQ and you wont have a disappointed music fan in attendance. I've also included a nice pork skewer recipe that I picked up out here in sunny San Diego. And, trust me, it's almost as tasty as this mixtape. Enjoy.
Pork Barbeque Ingredients:
- 1 kg. pork
- 20 bamboo skewers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of 7up, sprite or beer (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of brown or white sugar
- 1/2 cup of banana or tomato catsup
Barbeque Cooking Instructions:
- Cut pork meat into thin and long slices – 1/4 inches thick and less than 2 inches wide.
- In a mixing bowl, marinate the cut pork with the soy sauce, minced garlic, chopped onions, calamansi juice, ground pepper, sugar, banana catsup and the soda or beer (this tenderizes and adds flavour to the pork barbeque)
- Mix well and keep in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (turning occasionally).
- Prepare the bamboo skewers by removing splinters and soaking in water to reduce burning during barbeque.
- String the pork on the skewers.
- Over live charcoals, barbeque the pork on skewers until each barbeque is cooked – turning every few minutes on each side and basting the leftover marinate on the barbeque.