2012-01-15T05:29:47-05:00 2012-01-18T01:32:48-05:00

Shwayze - "I Won't Go" (Feat. Adele)

Shwayze has released a total of three albums: self-titled freshman album, Shwayze, sophomore album, Let It Beat, and junior album, Island In the Sun. Now, four months after dropping his latest album, we're presented with, "I Won't Go," from his newest EP, (W)e (E)volve (E)very (D)ay. Sampling the queen of the sob stories, Adele, who's commonly known for her consistently terrible love life and booming vocals, Shwayze puts out a song that deals with the sad realization that you've fallen out of love and into it with something else. Rapped over Adeles' "He Won't Go", the sad piano progression explodes into an aggressive drum/bass composite when the chorus kicks in. The ballad serves as a solid instrumental base, allowing it to fold into the rap genre seamlessly.

*We've edited this post to reflect that this was a sample and not a collobration*

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/33296789"]

If you enjoy this song, go download the rest of the EP (link below)!

Tags:
Hip-Hop · Rap

Comments

Notify of
guest
9 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Poopie
Poopie
9 years ago

he's just sampling her song, 'he won't go'

Le Dottie
Le Dottie
9 years ago

This is a sample, she did not team up for this track. Don't confuse people to get more traffic.

Q-Tip
Q-Tip
9 years ago

I didn't mean team up in that sense of the word. If you read on, I clearly explain that Shwayze fills the void that Adele's solo career often avoids. He raps around her sample, explaining the other side of the story-- the one Adele doesn't. I'm sorry if it comes off as confusing to you, but I also feel like you're taking it out of context.

Justin 'saemo' Oh
9 years ago
Reply to  Q-Tip

Come on, man. Don't act like you didn't know what you were doing by using the term "team up." So you saying you would say describe Kanye and Jay-Z sampling Otis Redding as "teaming up?" Give me a break..

Q-Tip
Q-Tip
9 years ago

No, as a matter of fact I didn't. But I suppose words are what you make them, and I guess I'll have to accept that that is the connotation many have come to associate with "team up." I apologize for my vagueness, but I thought that I validated myself later on by explaining that Shwayze fills the void Adele's solo career avoids.

Mrniceguy863
Mrniceguy863
9 years ago

this is not a "collaboration". all they did was rap over her song and take the verses out. get it right Q-tip, and get of shwayze's talentless dicks

Michael Collins
Michael Collins
9 years ago

Well just as I'm reading this terribly comprised, sad excuse for an analysis, I realize how people try to make themselves seem much more intelligent than they actually are. Q-Tip, the fact that you're trying to justify the ballad as an "instrumental base" is pathetic, and I doubt you realize what you're saying. If anything, the snares provide the seamless transition into Shwayze's alternative hip-hop genre.

But the song's decent.

Q-Tip
Q-Tip
9 years ago

That isn't my own material, this post was edited. Following this response, I will no longer respond to comments.