2011-05-01T19:34:24-04:00 2011-07-26T14:08:29-04:00

Suicide Sundaes - Week 70

Really hot thumbnail for this article post!

Suicide Sundaes - stop your grinnin' and drop your linen. Every Sunday electblake of Earmilk will bring you the weeks dirty servings, and some old favorites through a throwdown-throwback to simpler times. A time when bangers were big, remixes were bigger, the bassline bled, and we didn't care about anything as long as came in kicking and left screaming. To hell with sketchy Sunday, we want to shove another dragon down the hole.

2 breakers in the earmilk crew are dropping a deep house set here in Toronto 2nite, it's inspirated me all week. I've been working on a more working class friendly setlist, and as such my ear has been wandering to the dark side of the main stage. Hard electro, more progressive dance & dirty dominate this week, with more traditional sundae electro thrash taking a side-stage.

This break into the mainstream with the likes of Laidback Luke, Afrojack, Fedde Le Grande et al marks a trend that has been flowing through the electro scene these past months.

Show Me Your Hands (Original Mix)
Download: Steve Aoki & Afrojack - Show Me Your Hands (Original Mix)

Control Room (Original Club Mix)
Download: Fedde le Grand - Control Room (Original Club Mix)

We all fell in love with the hard hash outs that F.O.O.L, DJ Antention (featured below), and the new breed of hate dance has brought, but time and time again we see these once soundcloud download heros turn into beatport workers, which is an important thing. Electro needs to evolve if we want to hear our music stay. How far can we take "hard"? Dubstep has found itself moving into nonsense blandness and there is definitely electro which has more trash then class.

Invasion (Original Mix)
Download: F.O.O.L - Invasion (Original Mix)

Ivan (Original Mix)
Download: Dj Antention - Ivan (Original Mix)

Now down to brass tacks - this week we have some new Designer Drugs, lending their name to the return of the infamous electro dance, nu rave indie benchmark - Klaxons.

Echoes (Designer Drugs Remix)
Download: Klaxons - Echoes (Designer Drugs Remix)

Raise Your Weapon (Lee Osborne Remix)
Download: Deadmau5 - Raise Your Weapon (Lee Osborne Remix)

Sprinkles

Love Will Guide You (Edwin Van Cleef Remix)
Download: Shinichi Osawa feat. Tommie Sunshine - Love Will Guide You (Edwin Van Cleef Remix)

Amplifier vs. Walking On A Dream (Goodwill Bootleg)
Download: Fedde Le Grand - Amplifier vs. Walking On A Dream (Goodwill Bootleg)

Resurrection (PROFF Remix)
Download: Medway - Resurrection (PROFF Remix)

Till Tonight (Chris Kaeser Remix)
Download: Laidback Luke ft. Johnatan Mendelsohn - Till Tonight (Chris Kaeser Remix)

Matter (Radio Edit)
Download: Kenton Slash Demon - Kenton Slash Demon - Matter (Remix)

Scoops

Save The World (Darren L Edit)
Download: Swedish House Mafia - Save The World (Darren L Edit)

Daemon (Original Mix)
Download: Kenton Slash Demon - Kenton Slash Demon - Daemon (Original Mix)

Take Me Home Tonight (Bassjackers Remix)
Download: FNA - Take Me Home Tonight (Bassjackers Remix)

Music Oh (Revero Remix)
Download: Quintino & Apster - Music Oh (Revero Remix)

Just Buggin (Calvertrons Bugstep Remix)
Download: Whistle - Just Buggin' (Calvertron's Bugstep Remix)

Turbulence (Tocadisco Remix)
Download: Laidback Luke & Steve Aoki - Turbulence (Tocadisco Remix)

Innocence (Feed Me Remix)
Download: Nero - Innocence (Feed Me Remix)

Drop Kick (David Menezes Remix)
Download: DivKid - Drop Kick (David Menezes Remix)

Animale (Skitzofrenix Remix)
Download: Don Diablo feat. Dragonette - Animale (Skitzofrenix Remix)

Go Raw Raw Raw
Download: Noize Slutz - Go Raw Raw Raw

Amazing (Clockwork Remix)
Download: Valerna - Amazing (Clockwork Remix)

Electro · Feature · House

Comments

Notify of
guest
19 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
dennis
dennis
10 years ago

I'm confused. I thought Suicide Sundaes was all about trashy electro. ?? Almost sounds like you're trying to diss it saying it has more trash then class. I like the Wolfgang's and Mord Fustang's but I check this post for str8 trash rock electro. Big up Skitzofrenix

JackMcKenzie
JackMcKenzie
10 years ago

Totally with Dennis love the Trashy electro that comes out of this blog.
Mainstream is easy to find - You find those few gems in the electro trash genre and throw them out. Don't change it <3

Tydus
Tydus
10 years ago

I do have to agree with Dennis & Jack i always look forward to the suicide sundae's scoops of heavy electro thrash tracks (:

tsnm
10 years ago

Like both directions, but gotta agree, I look here mainly because of the trashy type of stuff. Wouldn't water it down, many other places that cover the mainstream-y stuff already :). Anyways, appreciate your work anyways :D

ya boi
ya boi

FEEEEEEEEED ME <3

antonio
antonio
10 years ago

i think you should go both ways... its always good to have more options ;)... why just go for "trashy" electro when you can have both... I think THIS BLOG its about GOOD electro... and that means that not always good electro will be "trashy" electro... =)... thanks for your work from Mexico =D

colin
colin
10 years ago

the fact you care enough to respond to some criticism is respectable to me. thank you for always purveying the very best in all facets of electronic music, earmilk is a stalwart for good music in an increasingly commercial music scene. big ups, you guys fucking rip

CSB
CSB
10 years ago

I agree with what everyone is saying about the trashy electro (I love it)... that being said, good electro is good electro though. I come to this blog because I think you have a great ear for music, so I say keep doing as you are.

Cheers and thanks!

Chrisson
Chrisson
10 years ago

I usually skip the trashy stuff.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Chrisson

Agreed. Everything is overblown and distorted nowadays. Nothing is trash when EVERYTHING is trash.

Yawn. Mad props for turning left when people expect you to turn right.

Piskun)
Piskun)

=((((

Xemp
Xemp

dennis
I’m confused. I thought Suicide Sundaes was all about trashy electro. ?? Almost sounds like you’re trying to diss it saying it has more trash then class. I like the Wolfgang’s and Mord Fustang’s but I check this post for str8 trash rock electro. Big up Skitzofrenix

I agree this weeks installment is the wackest of wack..

SukerBeat

Go Raw Raw Raw! <3
estoy de acuerdo que Suicide Sundaes es difente sin trash :/

J2O
J2O
10 years ago

Well, its the thought that counts :)

Mista Maynard
Mista Maynard
10 years ago

Seriously.....? biting the hand the feeds is not a good idea!!! i appreciate that everyone has an opinion and yes this blog was initially started as a purely trash/thrash blog, but couldn't agree more with electblake!! some of the thrash has descended into who can stick more crashing white noise with dirty bass in one track than the next guy. Dont get me wrong i love it when my ears bleed as much as any of you, but loving something just because it falls into your genre and loving something cause its banging are 2 different kettles of fish. I for one would love electblakes take on the best of the mainstream as well as just thrash weekly. if it needs to be put to its own category ce la vie, but i think thats just being lazy; id rather electblake spend 5-10 mins more each week finding us the tracks we love than wasting time organizing a page prettily with straight cut categories and a title in the appropriate font....

rock on blakey, rock on.

Lee Berg
Lee Berg
Reply to  Mista Maynard

Very well said there mate.