The weekend has come and gone, and now you're deep into your weekly grind. Never fear, Wobble Wednesday is back with more of your favorite face-melting bass drops to help you make the most of your mundane lifestyle. Today I'll be guiding you along through the many variations of bass music that we see these days, new and old. I wanted to turn the Wobble Wednesday feature into more than just a section for today's dubstep, so I decided it was only right to incorporate some drum & bass as well as a summer time mix of the week section into the weekly feature.
You'll be hearing amazing bass-driven tunes from the softer, chiller side of dubstep to the filthy, grimier side that everybody loves to rage to. I'll also dip into the world of drum & bass as well as add some classic tunes from the 'golden age' of dubstep. All I ask from you guys is to enjoy and download. Once the weekend hits, steal the iPod at the party and throw on these songs. Guarantee it will make the place jump!
Dillon Francis drops his second Steve Aoki remix, this time to "Control Freak." This remix is actually more subtle (compared to the Doctor P collaboration featured a couple weeks ago) than recent Dillon Francis tracks. It's very bass heavy with a touch of his signature synths, and deep vocals. Also included is a live preview of what everyone is calling a new collab between Skrillexand Nero called "Game Over." This time around it sounds more like a Nero track with a touch of Skrillex-type chords, rather than how the "Promises" collaboration went.
A filth section featuring new Benga, Adventure Club and Bassnectar. Can it actually get any better? Benga goes back into the studio with KGB to remix his massive hit "Icon." A lot of people gave Benga grief on the original, apparently it wasn't 'dubby' enough for some folks. I'm sure all the haters will enjoy this one, though. Bassnectar goes in and remixes "Sugarcube" by RUN DMT, which was featured a couple weeks ago as well. The now infamous duo, Adventure Club, dropped yet another track this week called "Need Your Heart" featuring vocals from singer Kai.
DRUM & BASS
Straight off of Netsky's newest album release 2, comes the track "Puppy." This tune is clean and melodic, as with most of his songs, you nearly forget that it's a drum & bass track all together. The synths are as catchy as it gets, I guarantee that this song will get stuck in your head, which isn't entirely a bad thing. Also included is a track by Untamed Nim, who is the drum & bass alter ego of dubstep producer The Frim.
"Lunar Lovers" by Finally Boys is a soothing, melodic track with a deep spacey feel. Played over and over again, it never gets old. Radio 1 DJ, Annie Mac first featured this Redlight remix ofDelilah's "Inside My Love" via her Soundcloud which I quickly and easily took a shining to. The deep bass and tribal drums add an open airy feel to the song.
MIX OF THE WEEK
Here's a mix presented by Expendable Youth, including some of the tunes that I have personally been into lately which includes a number of dub tracks mixed in with some trap. Some of the artists included are Baauer, CRNKN, 12th Planet and Dillon Francis. I also included the full track listing below. Enjoy.
1. Boylan – "High Lite" (Sinjin Hawke Remix)
2. Waka Flocka vs. Bare – "Round of Broken Applause"
3. Flosstradamus – "From the Back" ft. Danny Brown (Lunice Remix)
4. Zeds Dead – "Adrenaline"
5. DJ Moms & the Amazinggaijin – "Sabro" (Expendable Youth Remix)
6. Paul Devro – "Tryna Find a Freak"
7. Baauer – "My Nose"
8. Kanye West Ft. Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz – "Mercy" (CRNKN Remix)
9. RL Grime – "Grapes Alla Vodka"
10. ▽nkown ShΔpes – "Used To Give A FK"
11. Lucid – "Transet"
12. Nick Thayer – "Facepalm" (Dodge & Fuski Remix)
13. YC – "Racks" (Doctor P Blend)
14. ︻╦╤─ ƱZ ─╤╦︻ – "ŤɌ∆Ҏ ᶊῌῗ† √3"
15. Baauer – "Yaow!"
16. Sinden – "Pull Up, Wheel Up" (Dillon Francis Remix)
17. Gucci Mane vs. Downlink – "Gamma Ray Gurl"
18. Sinjin Hawke – "Crystal Dust"
19. Triage & The Bassist – "Phat Sack" ft. J-Sonic
20. 12th Planet – "Jail Break"
21. Al Ripken Jr. – "Everything I Got Now"
22. Melé – "Beamer"
23. Skrillex, 12th Planet & Kill the Noise – "Right on Time" (XXXYOUTH #FVDED edit)
24. Baauer – "Harlem Shake"
25. DJ Swizzymack – "Skrillex Theme"
26. Girl Unit – "Club Rez"