2012-02-01T15:55:23+00:00 2012-02-01T16:40:22+00:00

Wobble Wednesday

Really hot thumbnail for this article post!

Wobble Wednesday is here again! Welcome back! If you're not already familiar with Wobble Wednesday, that's okay – we want to make your first time amazing. Most of what you'll be listening to here is often referred to as dubstep, but can encompass all genres of heavy bass music. To quote bass music artist ill.Gates, "When you look at what some of the bigger dubstep guys are doing now, they'll play some dubstep, they'll play some drumstep, they'll plays some breaks, some drum and bass, and maybe some dance hall."

That's what Wobble Wednesday is all about. Sometimes it will sound like chainsaws raining down, other times it's going to bring back the reggae and dub roots from which dubstep rose. It could also be the hectic and upbeat sounds of drumstep. When you press play, we're going to inundate your eardrums with the wobble, punch and drop of thunderous bass. We recommend you play this music at a high volume. Playing bass music at low volume might as well be one of the seven deadly sins. Enjoy the music. We'll see you next Wednesday!

Public Service Announcement from yours truly: After catching up with Skream and Benga during our Interview, I can now see what is acceptable to post on Wobble Wednesday. Educate yourself like they educated me. What Skream and Benga say goes.Think of them as the Hammurabi of Dubstep, for when they lay down the law, you abide.

Hard Times [Earmilk Exclusive] by TYR

JakK – Minotaur (Original Mix) *FREE* by jakK

04 - Airbreaker
Download: Goth-Trad – Airbreaker

03_Quartus Saul - Dream Sequence (Original Mix)
Download: Quartus Saul – Dream Sequence (Original Mix)

Download: Killawatt & Ipman – Xibalba

Download: Coki – Marduk

Download: Datsik – Fully Blown (feat. Snak The Ripper) (Original Mix)

Feed Me & Gemini – Whiskers by Gemini

Demons (Minnesota Remix)(FREE DOWNLOAD) by Minnesota

Sirkit-Shake 'N Bake (FREEBIE) by Sirkit

Knife Party – Internet Friends (Konec Drumstep Remix) FREE DOWNLOAD IN DESCRIPTION by Konec (formerly INVΞRSE)

Dubstep · Feature

• absolute shit

jon February 1, 2012 5:24 PM Reply
    • fuck you faggot.

That guy. February 1, 2012 10:20 PM Reply
      • What I meant by that was/ If you don't like it why not just go to a different site? Why be negative. Everyone that made this music and post spent time on it. What right do you have to piss on it? I piss on you though, sir.

That guy. February 1, 2012 10:23 PM Reply
        • I agree with That guy.^^^

oiiouj February 2, 2012 5:50 PM Reply
  • "Dream Sequence" love the tune.

Sandi February 1, 2012 5:35 PM Reply
  • Slowly taking out Filthy Friday..?

nick February 1, 2012 5:38 PM Reply
  • I gotta say, been coming here for about 1.25yrs now and you Croydon have a great ear. That's coming from a strictly DnB Dj for the past 14yrs, cheers.

Coliver Kun February 1, 2012 6:03 PM Reply
  • Scully continues to impress me, dope ass songs

Nick February 1, 2012 6:43 PM Reply
  • Lovin the Album, TYR killin it! Absolutely amazing for an 18 year old

David February 1, 2012 8:23 PM Reply
  • I've been listening to filthy friday since it began, and followed it to wednesdays, but the last few weeks have made me sad.

Croydon, I believe you have an excellent taste in music, but I think something goes horribly wrong when it's time to come up with just 10 tracks for the week and you try to please everyone.

and let's be honest for a second Croy, filthy friday is drumstep – because drumstep is THE SHIT. nothing wrong with that, we're both big fans of Figure, have you checked out Terravita yet? That Avril 14th track is just killer.

anyway I guess what I'm getting at is: Make a new weekly blog for drumstep / filth or add those sections to wobble wednesday, and clearly seperate them. The fast-paced filthy drumstep crowd is very different from the chill dubstep crowd, although there is some overlap.

Also, if you need us to just give the word and I'll try to send more tracks your way, I'm sure we could all be helping you out a bit more by sending more stuff your way instead of just complaining that everything you post sucks :P

Take care bro,

Phaedren Lee February 2, 2012 12:27 AM Reply
    • to be honest, filth can be dubstep, its not always about the bpm. alot of drumstep can be chill, and in turn, alot of dubstep can be insanely upbeat. this is comign from a dubstep/drumstep/dnb producer. To me it sounds like you are looking for brostep, go to another blog for that music, this site has been keeping up the oldskool feel as well as incorporating a few popular bangers that no one could argue lackincredicble production(feed me, gemini, etc.). you may think yourse educated but your not the expert unless you produce and are successful yourself.

Gregsmyneighbor February 2, 2012 2:00 AM Reply
      • Well… I mean the point of having these blogs is to acquire more and more fans, yes? So I mean… Why not have alllll of it?  Of course the people like Croydon post what he likes mostly and thats cool.  But I think there should be a separate post for the crazier stuff.  And Im not saying Croydon should do all of it.  Finding a lot of good songs every week is difficult.  Especially lately.  Someone who loves the heavier stuff should make a post.

nick February 3, 2012 10:15 PM Reply
    •  yes, please more Flith!

xibalba is sick though

Senator Palantine February 8, 2012 9:36 AM Reply
  • New pic eh? I like it

Dranoel February 2, 2012 1:21 AM Reply
  • To the people complaining about the tracks… Dubstep producers are sounding more and more alike as of late. The genre is going through a bit of a recession as a whole, it's getting a bit boring. It's not Croydon's fault. These are roughly the best releases of late.

Jalal February 2, 2012 2:45 AM Reply
    • And I know this isn't all dubstep. I just mean filth in general, whether it's moombah, drumstep, whatever.

Jalal February 2, 2012 2:46 AM Reply
      • It really has been… Shits been kind of a pain to find good, melodic stuff that doesnt sound like everyone else.

nick February 3, 2012 10:17 PM Reply
  • Awesome stuff, fuck these haters! That TYR stuff is the shit!

D E X February 2, 2012 11:28 AM Reply
  • Absolute shine

Nickshaw666 February 3, 2012 6:37 PM Reply
  • SERIOUSLY…go back to all earmilk downloadable files, and bring back the quality music drops we used to see in 2011

Wtf February 4, 2012 3:29 PM Reply
    • we can't give away music like we use to….

Croydon February 4, 2012 4:51 PM Reply
  • This is always sick!! Props out to Croydon!!

ALFABET February 4, 2012 5:36 PM Reply