Skrillex – “My Good Bye”

Skrillex v2

After being nominated for 5 Grammies and taking home 3, including Best Remix for “Cinema”, Skrillex is on a roll with his success right now. Although Skrillex did not win “Best New Artist”, it has not deterred him and he has released a brand new track. “My Good Bye” is a soft pop track that lacks Skrillex’s typical grime and filth. I can’t say really how I feel about this new track except for that it’s growing on me. When I first listened to the new track I expected to hear the usual filthy dubstep you would find in a new Skrillex track. Instead I was listening to Sonny singing as to what seems to be a lulaby.

(Sorry, track was asked to be removed)

Skrillex seems to be trying new sounds and I can’t blame an artist for experimenting. Give this new track a listen and leave a comment telling Earmilk what you think?

Make sure to check out

Article Tags:
Article Categories:
Chillout

Comments

• wtffffff is this. sonny’s voice is too emo for me. those synths suck also. he should stick to what he does well

concernedcitizen February 13, 2012 11:25 PM Reply
    • Oh, do you mean

DR-DRD-RD-R-DR-D-DROP THE BASSBRRRRZZWRZZZZZZZ
      ZLLRLLRLRLRLRLLRR
      BBBABRBRBRBRBBRBRBRBRR
      BBZBZBBZZBZ
      BRRRRRRRRRRRRR
      BZZZZZZZZ
      RBABRABRBZBZBZ

Grillex February 13, 2012 11:53 PM Reply
  • not a fan of this one sonny

Guest February 13, 2012 11:37 PM Reply
  • As usual, the production is top-notch. I’ve always found it hard to argue with what an artist chooses to do with their art, whether I like the choice they make or not. If this is the foreshadowing of an expansion of his sound, then more power to him–maybe he’ll win some more Grammys.

Saxon February 13, 2012 11:39 PM Reply
  • I dig this tune for sure. You have to respect him coming out of his shell and putting his own vocal on the track. Anyone know if this comes from his work on his solo ‘sonny moore’ project before the skrillex advent? The concept is nothing new as he has used his voice on tracks such as turmoil which we never got an official release of. Also I am pretty sure that is him on ‘breaking a sweat’ saying ‘im breakin’ a sweat.’  Not my favorite track he has released as Skrillex but it def has a place in my library

ElevatedState February 13, 2012 11:48 PM Reply
  • in the past he was as a front man, eventually that side of him was going to come out in skrillex, he was probably itching to do some vocals like this

Jay February 13, 2012 11:50 PM Reply
  • Sounds like it was made for 13 year old girls, big let down

EM February 13, 2012 11:51 PM Reply
  • Atta kid, way to return to your original stuff. This one just screams “I Wish You All The Luck of the World Part 2”

Now I just wish he would re-visit “Slats Slats Slats” with a proper release.

Strictly Analogue February 14, 2012 1:08 AM Reply
  • I dig it. Sonny offers versatility. On one side you have the head banging grime, on the other, the softer house side and with his new chill side coming out, we are getting closer to being able to light blunts to this.

Boodaaabooo February 14, 2012 12:10 AM Reply
  • this was released by skrillexmothership, a fan sight. The admins there often cite having a lot of connects to sonny, especially when he operated under the name Sonny Moore. Id speculate that this track is fairly old, the vocals are definitely left over from the Sonny Moore era.

casual FAN February 14, 2012 12:15 AM Reply
  • i’ve never listened to his First To Last Stuff his voice is actually pretty good.

LogicalDave February 14, 2012 12:19 AM Reply
  • omg whats with the haters?
    its not dubstep guys so deal with it and learn to respect more than one genre…

haters... February 14, 2012 12:22 AM Reply
    • this is teeny bopper emo trash not even a genre are you five years old ill hate on this cause it deserves to be hated on if you have talent as a producer you should be inovating and making music for ur fans not trying to be popular

Inovation February 14, 2012 5:25 PM Reply
    • “radio pop crap” is not a genre…

pooopieface February 14, 2012 8:32 PM Reply
  • He used to be in an emo band. Don’t ever forget. Here comes emo Skrill yall

seanhive February 14, 2012 2:18 AM Reply
  • He finally made something good worth his fame. Good shit.

SRT February 14, 2012 3:33 AM Reply
  • i think its a nice new sound skrillex brings here. mostly i can’t hear the difference in his wobble/dubstep songs so its a good thing thats he is a little experimental here and i hope there will be more stuff thats away from this straight “drop” wobble shit.

Fabinyourface February 14, 2012 6:56 AM Reply
  • keep singing sonny

rrr February 14, 2012 1:33 PM Reply
  • Yo  this is why SONNY is The HYPEST producer right now, I think its so sick how he experiments with all genres of EDM and he masters it so well!! and as for for all these little BITCH ass haters above me just cause he is singing on his track doesnt make him emo, what the hell is emo anyways?! All I know is That SKRILLEX is by far The best Producer DJ out there right now! Props SONNY on this track!!!

DiztrOH! February 14, 2012 2:28 PM Reply
  • As the poster I feel like I should back up my comment in the post. I’m a great fan of Skrillex myself guys – don’t get me wrong.
    I’m neither some dub junkie that just wants grime from Skrillex as “Summit” was one of my favourite tracks from Bangarang and I loved “Love in Motion” as well to see Skrillex trying a new sound. I also loved “Voltage” to hear Sonny signing, something he hardly does.
    I just personally don’t think the production is at Sonny’s best.
    Sure it’s a catchy melody with a smooth flowing beat but it sounds like to me he just needed something to give away for free. Clearly not his best work and it is really just 2 minutes. I feel like he rushed this track since it’s almost just the first minute looped.
    Take my opinion or tear it apart.
    Either way, enjoy Earmilk for Earmilk.
    A site that brings you new music for you either to love or hate.
    Just don’t sound like a moron if you hate it – leaving dumb unintelligent comments. Everyone hates internet trolls.

Dranoel February 14, 2012 4:18 PM Reply
    • As the poster, you lose credibility when you site that Skrillex gave this away just to give something free away. This was a track that was never slated to be released from Atlantic because it was from the Sonny Moore era. This track came from the admin on the skrillexmothership cite.

Rmstodda February 14, 2012 6:32 PM Reply
  • GARBAGE

WTF February 14, 2012 5:24 PM Reply
  • So glad he went back to his roots for this. I missed the Mora/ Gypseyshook days.

Wobble_Monster February 14, 2012 8:19 PM Reply
  • SELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL OUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

ihatetheradio February 14, 2012 8:30 PM Reply
  • back to his emo roots! love you sonny :)

kay February 16, 2012 2:30 PM Reply
  • Yessssssssssss! Sonny is back to SINGING. :)

Veggieloverxoxo February 23, 2012 1:06 AM Reply
  • I like that he’s able to do different styles/sounds. But you know he’s amazing at coming up with blasting ideas. This is more like a B Side. A very nice one.

Macho Cabrío March 1, 2012 4:13 PM Reply