If you follow us here on on the EARMILK dance team closely, you'll probably notice two things: we love new artists, we love house music, and we the freshness that's consistently coming out of the UK. Today, the spotlight is on Leeds-born, Germany-based producer Billy Kenny.
The first good sign that Kenny is someone to pay attention to is that he is already signed to Claude von Stroke's Dirtybird Records. The second is the production talent put forth in the music, and of course, the third is that he owns his own label, This Ain't Bristol, whose latest compilation release is currently atop Beatport's best-selling releases.
Today we are partnering up with Kenny to launch his latest remix: a track that has the recipe to go viral. It's a total reconstruction of The Weekend's "Can't Feel My Face," a track that is arguably the hit of the summer of 2015. Featuring new vocals from Abdel Tesfaye, Kenny has let the infectiousness of the original soar while chopping and screwing the sample into a total house groove with world influences.
Check it out below via our Soundcloud page. UPDATE: This track has been removed from our SoundCloud page, but you can still download it here.
Billy Kenny's Tour Dates
- Friday 16/10/2015 – FCK x 44Bass, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Saturday 17/10/2015 – More Fire Festival, Hannover, Germany
- Wednesday 21/10/2015 – The Playground, Newcastle, UK
- Saturday 24/10/2015 – Blvck Pvris, Carfax Newtown, Johannesburg, SA
- Saturday 31/10/2015 – HARD Festival, LA, USA
- Friday 13/11/2015 – Bassment, Club 65, London, UK
- Saturday 14/10/2015 – This Ain’t Bristol, Wiedendamm, Hanover, Germany
- Sunday 29/11/2015 – Rage Festival, Durban, SA
- Friday 04/12/2015 – Rage festival, Durban, SA
- Saturday 05/12/2015 – Insomnia, Beira, Mozambique
- Friday 11/12/2015 – Kulture, Durban, SA
- Saturday 12/12/2015 – The Grand, Humerail, Port Elizabeth, SA
- Tuesday 15/12/2015 – TRUTH, Johannesberg, SA
- Wednesday 16/12/2015 – Buccaneers, East London, SA
- Sunday 03/01/2015 – Holy Ship!, Miami, USA