2015-03-30T13:00:33+00:00 2015-03-30T13:43:53+00:00

The Maine deliver with infectious single "Same Suit, Different Tie" [Premiere]

If you’re reading this right now it’s probably because you felt euphoria and giddiness when you saw The Maine mentioned in the title of this post. You were taken back to summer nights some years ago dancing to some of your favorite tracks like “You Left Me” or “I Must Be Dreaming” from their debut album Can’t Stop Won’t Stop, released in 2008. A younger version of your self rejoiced with triumph and enthusiasm at the possibility of new material from the Maine. Well with great excitement we are happy to announce that on Tuesday March 31st, they will release their fifth studio album, American Candy via 8123. Last week the group released their first single “English Girls,” that is insanely catchy and a refreshing reminder of the songs we held so dear. EARMILK has the pleasure to premiere the next single off the forthcoming record titled “Same Suit, Different Tie.” The single is appropriately titled as they speak on the evolution of their music while still holding that sound at their core that we all gravitated towards. The single is an upbeat alternative record with similarities to indie alternative group Walk The Moon. This single far exceed our expectations and is a hopeful look into a promising new direction. In celebration of the albums release the group will be going on a headlining U.S tour with support from Real Friends, Knuckle Puck, and The Technicolors. Listen to the single below, check out their tour dates and be sure to grab the album when it is released March 31st.

Alternative · Indie · Post-Punk · Premiere

• “: The Maine deliver with infectious single "Same Suit, Different Tie" [Premiere] – http://t.co/jhMeI2GZOd @themaine” so good

Lauren FarriorGlaser March 30, 2015 1:18 PM Reply
  • @themaine I LOVE IT! I really wanna listen the others as soon as possible

Carol March 30, 2015 1:21 PM Reply
  • I'm so excited for the release of this album. This song is incredible, as all of their songs are. I'm really excited and can't wait to hear the rest of the songs. I'm going to have this song on repeat for quite a while, I'm sure.

Maxine March 30, 2015 1:43 PM Reply
  • @themaine it's so good omg

Ⓜ️ercedes March 30, 2015 1:45 PM Reply
  • so accurate ! this new track is AMAZING! I feel like a kid in a candy shop- I need more!!! Cannot wait for to hear the rest of the album <3

Monika March 30, 2015 4:27 PM Reply
  • Been with the maine since the start… so excited for this album, every track is going to be amazing. their best work yet:)

Angelia March 30, 2015 5:26 PM Reply
  • there is nothing i love more than new music by the maine!! this is their best album yet!!

KElly March 30, 2015 7:48 PM Reply
  • So so so proud of The Maine!! They always get better and better!! Can't wait for American Candy!!

Camila March 30, 2015 8:38 PM Reply
  • Love this song so much! Less than 24 hours until American Candy!!

Natalie March 30, 2015 10:22 PM Reply
  • "the old can feel brand new" so true because this kinda feels like their old tunes but still with a new touch of what they are now. i am incredibly proud of this album!! cant wait aahhh 1 more hour til American Candy!!!!!

Rikki March 30, 2015 11:28 PM Reply
  • Such a great song! Probably my favorite from the American Candy so far!

Lauren March 30, 2015 11:54 PM Reply
  • This is one of my favorite songs off the of new album! It's so catchy and I can't get enough of it!

Jessica March 31, 2015 12:22 AM Reply
  • They never fail to make me more proud of them as they release new music throughout their career. I love this song, I love their new album, and I love them.

Sara March 31, 2015 1:15 AM Reply
  • I love this song and I love American Candy as a whole, though it definitely had some tough competition after Pioneer and Forever Halloween. I think it's great, and I look forward to what the band brings to the table next!

Emily March 31, 2015 6:31 AM Reply
  • Another wonderful song by The Maine! Love these guys and can't wait to see them on their tour. Just bought American Candy and it is awesome!

Kathy March 31, 2015 8:38 AM Reply
  • oh my fucking God, THIS SONG IS SO PERFECT, I LOVE IT

vivian sant'anna March 31, 2015 10:10 AM Reply
  • Such a great song! And the album as a whole is sweet as hell; so damn proud and I expect these guys are gonna do big things this year– can't wait!

Harriet Stanley March 31, 2015 10:35 AM Reply
  • This song/album makes me want to dance! It's exactly what I needed in my life right now!

Stephanie March 31, 2015 11:35 AM Reply
  • New song so amazing so in love for everything they do, love u guys

Keyla Carvalho March 31, 2015 11:54 AM Reply
  • Really enjoying the new song! So excited the day has finally come for American Candy to come out. Love The Maine so much <3

Danielle March 31, 2015 12:41 PM Reply
  • The song and album are just perfection. The Maine never fail to put out amazing tunes. Seriously there isn't a bad song on American Candy.

Michelle Nguyen March 31, 2015 1:19 PM Reply
  • I loved this song!!! And the new album is perfect too!!! the maine is so amazing <3

The Maine RJ March 31, 2015 1:19 PM Reply
  • Love the feel of this song. American Candy is somewhat of a change, following Forever Halloween and Pioneer, but it's "typical" The Maine in its own way. Excited to see whether new fans will catch on because this is definitely a dealbreaker. As for the old fans, we know The Maine never disappoints and this songs definitely proves that!!

Yvette March 31, 2015 1:20 PM Reply
  • this is such a great song :(( then i heard the entirety of the new album made me cry because it's so damn good that you have to let everyone hear it by blasting it in the house haha love these guys to death really really proud of them <3

Nicole March 31, 2015 1:56 PM Reply
  • I honestly wasn't sure how I felt about this album when I heard the preview, but after hearing the full thing I have to say it's great. There's a cohesive flow, an overall theme, and great lyrics like those in Same Suit, Different Tie. This just made me 100% certain that I should road trip to their show this summer!

Kleo March 31, 2015 2:50 PM Reply
  • It's so different yet still has the same 'maine' vibe going and I love it!! How they can grow so much and still produce awesome music amazes me!

Meg March 31, 2015 4:21 PM Reply
  • Each album The Maine puts out makes me love them even more, who knew it was possible😍

Eliza Hull March 31, 2015 4:56 PM Reply
  • This album is changing the game for this band. This song is a breakout song for them and shows the maturity that they have gained over the last seven years. UNREAL.

Tess Roiter March 31, 2015 5:28 PM Reply
  • This song is just so damn good. I am continuously amazed with how this band continues to grow and evolve. So many bands in their scene would have fizzed out to nothing or settled on reproducing their most famous record time and time again without much thought. The Maine are so much different than that. They are uncompromising when it comes to the music that they want to make and in a world where the biggest concern is creating the hot track instead of building artistry, it is refreshing to see a band take such pride in their craft.

Steph March 31, 2015 5:56 PM Reply
  • The Maine just manage to get better every time they release an album. Each album has a completely different sound from the last yet it still has that same distinct 'The Maine' feeling. American Candy is so positive and is definitely the album to listen to in summer.

Amy March 31, 2015 6:09 PM Reply
  • I absolutely love the song! It is one of my favorites off the new album!

Mariah B. March 31, 2015 6:18 PM Reply
  • I love this song so much. Actually, I love the whole album so much.There really isn't a bad song on American Candy. So, so proud of these boys. Delicious album!

Tabitha March 31, 2015 8:33 PM Reply
  • "I feel so fresh" after listening to this song! Same Suit, Different Tie and American Candy definitely DO NOT disappoint! I can't wait to see them on tour!

Karmin Yu March 31, 2015 8:38 PM Reply
  • I am in love with this song! I am so proud of The Maine for releasing another amazing album. 'American Candy' definitely did not disappoint.

Moriah March 31, 2015 9:12 PM Reply
  • This might be my favorite song on the album..I love it! It's so fun and easy to dance to! And I can't dance haha. American Candy is just all over phenomenal.

Captain Alyssa △⃘⃒ March 31, 2015 11:19 PM Reply
  • This song is great; easily one of my favorites from the album. It's so hard to choose a favorite. The Maine did a great job with this 5th album, so not disappointed at all. I've been listening to American Candy nonstop and it just amazes me that The Maine keeps on stepping it up with every album release.

lissanna April 1, 2015 1:48 AM Reply
  • I really love this song. And the album is definitely one of my faves. I've got nothing but love for these 5 guys! <3

Tessa April 1, 2015 4:48 AM Reply