Since the start of the month, EARMILK and Warner Bros. have been sponsoring a remix contest of Kimbra's "Settle Down," the first single off her debut LP Vows, primed for a US/UK release on May 22th. Over the past few weeks, a healthy amount of remixes have been submitted, and now the real excitement begins. Starting today, May 21st, and ending at 11:59 PM on May 27th, the judging period is open, during which our readers, along with the EARMILK staff, will choose our favorite remixes. The top 20 remixes will then be in contention for the grand prize — The track featured on an official Warner Bros. Records UK release, accompanied by a proper servicing campaign. For full contest details, including updates from the initial post, please scroll down.
EARMILK and Warner Bros. would like to thank all the producers who have submitted tracks. The quality and diversity of the remixes is nothing short of impressive, which should set the stage nicely for an engaging judging period. Whether you enjoy dubstep, house, jazz, ambient, R&B, etc. there is a track in this collection for you. Next Monday, May 28th, we will spotlight the 20 tracks that are moving onto the final round. For now enjoy the remixes, share with your friends, and let the fun begin.
- From May 21-27, promote your track. The top ten most favorites tracks chosen by the listeners, along with ten tracks chosen by EARMILK's staff, will move onto the final round of judging. These 20 Finalists will be announced on May 28th. *NOTE: This is an update from the original projection of 10 finalists. The decision was made to ensure variety and quality among the tracks, along with minimizing the "Popularity Contest" effect.
- The final round of judging will consist of an EARMILK panel, along with Kimbra herself.
- Each submission will be listened to and judged on the bases of creativity, originality and overall production
- One winner will be selected and have their track featured on an official Warner Bros. Records UK release, accompanied by a proper servicing campaign.
- The winning track will also be published on EARMILK's website.
- The winner will be notified on June 1st through an email addressed from EARMILK
- Winner will have 1 week to respond to email. Failure to respond in 1 week will constitute grounds for disqualification, in which case the 2nd place contestant will be notified.