2012-02-08T17:51:04+00:00 2012-02-09T10:25:12+00:00

Wobble Wednesday

Wobble Wednesday is here again! Welcome back! If you're not already familiar with Wobble Wednesday, that's okay – we want to make your first time amazing. Most of what you'll be listening to here is often referred to as dubstep, but can encompass all genres of heavy bass music. To quote bass music artist ill.Gates, "When you look at what some of the bigger dubstep guys are doing now, they'll play some dubstep, they'll play some drumstep, they'll plays some breaks, some drum and bass, and maybe some dance hall."

That's what Wobble Wednesday is all about. Sometimes it will sound like chainsaws raining down, other times it's going to bring back the reggae and dub roots from which dubstep rose. It could also be the hectic and upbeat sounds of drumstep. When you press play, we're going to inundate your eardrums with the wobble, punch and drop of thunderous bass. We recommend you play this music at a high volume. Playing bass music at low volume might as well be one of the seven deadly sins. Enjoy the music. We'll see you next Wednesday!

Public Service Announcement from yours truly: After catching up with Skream and Benga during our interview, I can now see what is acceptable to post on Wobble Wednesday. Educate yourself like they educated me. What Skream and Benga say goes. Think of them as the Hammurabi of Dubstep, for when they lay down the law, you abide.

Please Just Click on a Track to go to soundcloud icon on each track to see who the artist what the song is called

SB Homies Tommy Noble and Candyland Released Major tunes this week. Enjoy and vote for the Candyland's remix comp on beatport here Vote Here

Bingo Players – Rattle (Candyland Remix)

Mutated Mindz & Meaden – Turn Up The System

Look At My Eyes – Eclectizm

Sia – Breathe Me (PatrickReza Dubstep Remix)

Imogen Heap – Headlock (JCRNDA Remix)

Knife – Disappear

Titanium – David Guetta feat Sia (Amnezia Dubstep Remix)

Creepers Gonna Creep & Electrode – The Dragonborn Comes (Dubstep Mix)

Evol Intent – Middle of the Night (Reso Remix)

Protohype – Sky Blue

Dubstep · Feature

• WTF is this..? Is this what Earmilk is becoming?

Andy February 8, 2012 6:08 PM Reply
  • total disappointment

Will February 8, 2012 6:09 PM Reply
  • This is sad

Dustin February 8, 2012 6:36 PM Reply
  • It's not Earmilks fault that people suck at making music

bangerrr February 8, 2012 6:50 PM Reply
  • So what if this week's post wasn't amazing. Every week can't be fire. I'm sure next week will supply our needs.

M.D. February 8, 2012 7:15 PM Reply
  • Candyland is the music that plays in hell's elavators. It's tiresome, uninteresting, and unpleasant. The musical equivalent of walking up a really steep hill.

jizz February 8, 2012 7:16 PM Reply
    • ^ur a dumbass. thats production at its finest even incorporates elements of classical music? ahahahah u fool.

Reiofhweorifh February 9, 2012 1:56 PM Reply
      • Uh oh, guys, looks like candyland or "croydon" got on here to relegate. jajajajajajaja.

Fun Fact- If you play candyland in a room full of people, they all leave. Try it!

jizz February 9, 2012 5:40 PM Reply
        • Everytime i play one of their songs everyone goes crazy!

Ethodino February 10, 2012 2:40 PM Reply
    • No haha we didn't try to "regulate" thats not us. Were totally fine with you not liking our music!

Candyland February 10, 2012 3:18 AM Reply
  • what the fuck, no download links. not even and artist or track name. poor form.

Tom February 8, 2012 9:35 PM Reply
    • You do realize there are other ways to download the tracks, right? Dumb cunt.

Guest February 10, 2012 6:36 AM Reply
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way.
    Filthy Friday is dead guys x_x

Prospect February 8, 2012 10:10 PM Reply
  • missing the scream jam kind of like not seeing the artists and stuff though I actually listened to the whole post for the first time in awhile

Dan February 8, 2012 11:34 PM Reply
    • me neither, i miss the old school dubstep with the focus on sub bass, now it seems to be all drumsteppy fuzz step and bassnectar type stuff

Shane Carey February 9, 2012 7:40 PM Reply
  • this is awful. There is good bass music being put out these days and none of it is supported here. I remember when wobble wed was full of dope tracks. This is pathetic.

?????? February 9, 2012 12:08 AM Reply
  • wobble wednesdays has been going down hill
    bring back some dope rootical dubstep tracks!

Jesse Bobby D Landriault February 9, 2012 12:09 AM Reply
  • I have loved dubstep for a while now, and the only reason I am ever ashamed to say I am a fan of dub is when I become associated with "dubheads" such as those leaving the commentary following my comment.

Dubstep is more than a .50 second intro leading to some ridiculous fat drop. When songs don't do this, they do not automatically suck. "What about the drop….where's the drop?! …this is a weak post, no drops….no accessible downloads…drop, drops, filthy drops.." Wah wah wah, go on youtube, look it up, and download it.

Furthermore, wrap your head around the idea of something unique sounding or different than EVERY other kids track they compiled on their laptop in their room. Different is creative. If you hate it, than continue to listen to the same manipulated shit on your itunes over and over again.

My apologies, but all I really wanted to get across was that this week's WW was NOT a disappointment. It was a breath of fresh air. I'm not sure who collects the tracks for "Wobble Wednesday" but  if it's Croydon, thank you. And keep it up. I continue to look forward to Wednesdays every week. Especially if you continue to post tracks with originality, such as these.

Laurenargue February 9, 2012 12:17 AM Reply
    • As one of the artists posted here, thank you X 1000 ! So sick of little bass heads looking for a hiroshima-like drop with some death-metal bass..

Eclectizm February 9, 2012 5:05 AM Reply
    •  i second that croydon is the shit

leavebrittanyalone February 9, 2012 12:22 PM Reply
    • Im with you Lauren. Been listening to Croydon for a minute now, I might not like all the songs he posts but he definitely brings a variety every week. I have to admit I do love myself a nice fat drop, but I also love old school UK dubstep. The creepy, melodic, evil type track that sucks you in without you knowing and spits you out leaving you shocked that a song could have that power. A lot of the songs in this post reminded me of these tracks. Anyway… Croydon keep it up dude. And for everybody who posted negative, offensive comments about this site or Croydon, shut the fuck up! If you don't like it kick rocks!

fuckingpeople February 9, 2012 1:15 PM Reply
  • I have a life to :( and to Tom go BUY music and stop being a "criminal"

Croydon February 9, 2012 12:23 AM Reply
  • Please bare with the visual problems (No link back to artist or track titles easily displayed) as we are in a transitional stage to our new look. The new look will fix these issues automatically.

Anonymous February 9, 2012 1:13 AM Reply

Riot February 9, 2012 1:44 AM Reply
  • The candyland remix was great and so was the Imogen Heap remix, one of the more well thought out remixes. I don't understand how people can listen to the same thing over and over again, dubstep is a genre not a strict guideline for how a song should be made. So much talent is wasted in heavy drops and wasted bass.

Lloyd February 9, 2012 6:00 AM Reply
  • Seriously, I do not see how this week's post was as horrible as the comments made me believe. There are some very creative ideas in there, as well as some normal (not in a negative way) tracks.

And what I have always liked about earmilk is the diversity of their posts, if you don't like this one, feel free to find something else, or wait for another WW to rant on.

Sebastian February 9, 2012 10:16 AM Reply
  • I'm reaally liking this

Dylan February 9, 2012 1:52 PM Reply
  • can anyone recommend any other wobble/dubstep blogs that have a variety of  tunes we can download and appreciate outside of the internet

No February 9, 2012 2:41 PM Reply
  • Lol at all the comments

Dranoel February 9, 2012 4:41 PM Reply
  • OMFG….first off,  i am a regularly gigging dj, and for last half of 2011,  i LOVED finding tunes on this site to play in the club.  I just went back through the last 7 days, and only found 3 songs in the dubstep category that IMO were even downloadable..and most of the blog posts are not even "dubstep".. Then I get to the Wobble Wednesday,  a staple of downloads from 2011.  NO DOWNLOADS???!??!?  WTF this website has really gone down hill

Long time reader, wont check back next week…..and FUCK SOUNDCLOUD

Wtf February 9, 2012 6:53 PM Reply
    •  dont let the door hit you on your way out mr regular gigging dj

Raincoatdisaster February 9, 2012 7:14 PM Reply
    • dude you DJ? thats really cool and unique

Croydon February 10, 2012 6:27 PM Reply
  • I've been listening and commenting on Earmilk for a while now and this is honestly these are honestly the most appalling thread comments I've seen.

I really cannot understand any of the gripes for this post. It basically has a little bit of everything. Some deep and heavy wobbles from the Mutated Mindz & Meaden track. Some chill dubstep from Patrick Reza and Eclectizm. Some amazing production skills from Candyland. Some "drumstep" from Reso which I honestly think is one of the gems of this post. So, where anyone can come off and be pissed off is just ridiculous.
    To be honest any blogger on Earmilk is doing us a favor by providing a variety of different sounding music. They could all be assholes and only blog about the tracks they only listen to and only suits their musical preference, but they take time and post all these tracks. "Those who can do. Those who can't teach." Those who can't teach, criticize.

My end argument is "Get with the movement or get the fuck out the way." Don't be a little doucher and try and stop the bus because you missed your stop.

B@ss February 9, 2012 10:40 PM Reply
  • big up croydon from west auckland nz , fuk the haters ! we got love for the tunes you throw up every week – big up earmilk …

pure February 10, 2012 5:09 AM Reply
  • are all u maggots serious??? this is dope shit, and ive been on earmilk for as long as i can remember and this is a sick line up.. in any case who wants to listen to the same shit every single day, nice mix croydon, keeping it fresh, a true dubstep fan would appreciate this post

jez February 10, 2012 6:08 AM Reply
  • to Tom: you don't need download links to download, you lazy whiny little cunt.

Long live Croydon.

Gabriel February 10, 2012 6:35 AM Reply
  • I dont like this soundcloud shit where you cant dl music

Malomi22 February 10, 2012 3:29 PM Reply
  • I dont like this soundcloud shit where you cant dl music

Malomi22 February 10, 2012 3:29 PM Reply
  • This comment thread makes me sad. Earmilk has some great readers who actually appreciate the music instead of leeching ignorants who just want the next big drop. Appreciate the work put in. Let's see one of you haters put together a post like this and do better.

Azhar Khan February 12, 2012 12:15 AM Reply
  • Is it just me or has this post been significantly edited/enhanced since the last time I checked?

Andy February 13, 2012 2:01 AM Reply
  • dude seriously, i can appreciate these styles of music, but they dont belong on this post if your real theme was to combine Filthy Friday and Wobble Wednesday like u said months ago, the brosteppers are at one extreme while you guys are at another, WHERES THE BALANCE

Dubstep OG February 14, 2012 1:14 PM Reply