2012-01-15T05:29:47+00:00 2012-01-18T01:32:48+00:00

Shwayze – "I Won't Go" (Feat. Adele)

Shwayze has released a total of three albums: self-titled freshman album, Shwayze, sophomore album, Let It Beat, and junior album, Island In the Sun. Now, four months after dropping his latest album, we're presented with, "I Won't Go," from his newest EP, (W)e (E)volve (E)very (D)ay. Sampling the queen of the sob stories, Adele, who's commonly known for her consistently terrible love life and booming vocals, Shwayze puts out a song that deals with the sad realization that you've fallen out of love and into it with something else. Rapped over Adeles' "He Won't Go", the sad piano progression explodes into an aggressive drum/bass composite when the chorus kicks in. The ballad serves as a solid instrumental base, allowing it to fold into the rap genre seamlessly.

*We've edited this post to reflect that this was a sample and not a collobration*

If you enjoy this song, go download the rest of the EP (link below)!

Hip-Hop · Rap

• he's just sampling her song, 'he won't go'

Poopie January 15, 2012 6:04 PM Reply
  • This is a sample, she did not team up for this track. Don't confuse people to get more traffic.

Le Dottie January 16, 2012 6:04 PM Reply
  • I didn't mean team up in that sense of the word. If you read on, I clearly explain that Shwayze fills the void that Adele's solo career often avoids. He raps around her sample, explaining the other side of the story– the one Adele doesn't. I'm sorry if it comes off as confusing to you, but I also feel like you're taking it out of context.

Q-Tip January 16, 2012 8:04 PM Reply
    • Come on, man. Don't act like you didn't know what you were doing by using the term "team up." So you saying you would say describe Kanye and Jay-Z sampling Otis Redding as "teaming up?" Give me a break..

Justin 'saemo' Oh January 17, 2012 11:40 PM Reply
      • No, as a matter of fact I didn't. But I suppose words are what you make them, and I guess I'll have to accept that that is the connotation many have come to associate with "team up." I apologize for my vagueness, but I thought that I validated myself later on by explaining that Shwayze fills the void Adele's solo career avoids.

Q-Tip January 18, 2012 12:54 AM Reply
  • this is not a "collaboration". all they did was rap over her song and take the verses out. get it right Q-tip, and get of shwayze's talentless dicks

Mrniceguy863 January 17, 2012 7:27 AM Reply
  • Pingback: » Skies Falling Down – Shwayze PaperMashMusic

• Well just as I'm reading this terribly comprised, sad excuse for an analysis, I realize how people try to make themselves seem much more intelligent than they actually are. Q-Tip, the fact that you're trying to justify the ballad as an "instrumental base" is pathetic, and I doubt you realize what you're saying. If anything, the snares provide the seamless transition into Shwayze's alternative hip-hop genre.

But the song's decent.

Michael Collins January 19, 2012 9:36 PM Reply
    • That isn't my own material, this post was edited. Following this response, I will no longer respond to comments.

Q-Tip January 20, 2012 2:53 AM Reply