2012-01-01T13:21:19+00:00 2012-01-01T13:22:28+00:00

Artist Remixed – Skrillex [Bangarang EP Exclusive]

Really hot thumbnail for this article post!

I know I'm currently in a two week process of Artist Remixed – Daft Punk, but after Skrillex's EP was just released, there have been a ton of remixes and bootlegs leaking out everywhere. I, personally, am a huge fan of remixes and often prefer them over the original. I love to see how a song can be changed either for the better or worse. So after Skrillex's recent release I went hunting and have found a handful of remixes that I hope will satisfy your milky craving until next Tuesday when I pick back up Artist Remixed – Daft Punk. I do not have enough to compile a full Artist Remixed, so I've simply thrown the remixes below in no particular order. I will tell you though which one is my overall favourite.

Summit (Aylen Remix)
Download: Skrillex – Summit (Aylen Remix)

Kyoto (Primavera Remix)
Download: Skrillex – Kyoto (Primavera Remix)

Kyoto (Ghost Boy Remix)
Download: Skrillex – Kyoto (Ghost Boy Remix)

Bangarang (Tobalo Remix)
Download: Skrillex – Bangarang (Tobalo Remix)

Right In (Lesilectro Remix)
Download: Skrillex – Right In (Lesilectro Remix)

Summit (PRA2 Remix)
Download: Skrillex – Summit (PRA2 Remix)

Skrillex – "Kyoto" (Spl4sh! Remix)

My favourite remix was YH and Hollidayrain's remix of "Summit". There's a soft intro which takes you quickly into Ellie Goulding singing instead of having her vocals in the second half like the original does. A smooth synth fade out takes you right to the drop which is still gentle but adds a nice melody with some electro house wobbles. A really great remix and worth checking out Holidayrain's Soundcloud page for more of his work which you can do here.

Summit (YH and Hollidayrain Remix)
Download: Skrillex – Summit (YH and Hollidayrain Remix)

Make sure you go and buy Skrillex's new EP

Chillout · Dubstep

• I'd have to agree with your favourite remix. PRA2 and Aylen did a nice job as well. Not a fan of the rest.

dbattersby @ On My Radar January 1, 2012 1:51 PM Reply
  • none of these are even close to the originals, you cant really remix or over glitch skrills glitchy style it just sounds like ….. well the primavera remix… lol

scott January 1, 2012 3:18 PM Reply
  • my god, that primavera prob gets my award for the very worst attempt at music production. I feel bad for the poor soul who had to upload that to the internet.

skape January 1, 2012 4:40 PM Reply
  • Can't say I think that any of these are improvements on the originals, but the Aylen and YH/Hollidayrain remixes aren't bad

No January 2, 2012 12:53 PM Reply
  • hello

dr proctor January 2, 2012 1:03 PM Reply
  • Cant wait for the break lol

Kenjimishimoto January 2, 2012 2:35 PM Reply
  • i know right go ask mr p

dr proctor January 2, 2012 3:10 PM Reply
  • idk i liked the ghost boy remix
    he did his own thing with it

Darklotusiiv January 2, 2012 10:12 PM Reply
  • The Primavera isn't good…

Splitsoldier January 3, 2012 4:46 PM Reply
  • There's also the -> Skrillex – Summit Feat. Ellie Goulding ( Michael White Dubstep Remix ), and the Skrillex – The Devil's Den Feat. Wolfgang Gartner ( Splitsoldier NYE's Remix )

Splitsoldier January 3, 2012 4:52 PM Reply
  • The Primeverea remix is garbage, whoever mixed it just beat grabbed and looped a shit ton of four counts back to back.

Charles Ybarra January 3, 2012 6:48 PM Reply
  • So I've noticed there's been a lot of hate comments against the Primavera remix and I thought my addition of the remix on the list here needs to be justified.
    The reason I added this remix is because (I guess it's really a edit – let's clear that up) I personally felt the song was a good show of a different style of mixing an original. I'm not sure if you (the readers) ever saw a video or Araabmuzik live mixing Skrillex which became hugely popular on youtube
    (if not you can watch it below
    There is not really any remixing – but more playing around with Skrillex's sound on a mic – yet this video became hugely popular
    So back to Primavera's [edit] – I added it on the list because I was looking for something different (another than a typical remix) that I can add to this list aswell because Artist Remixed is all about finding different styles of remixes and edits from different Bedroom DJ's and putting them all together to show to you (the readers) on this site. Sure Primavera might not measure up to "Arrabmusik's" talent but hopefully you can have a better look at the [edit] now.

NOW that being said @c5a8dd16f29a621dcb50530d7560ced0:disqus I compiled the list a remixes practically a couple days after Bangarang was released, since then there has been a ton of other remixes. So seeing the popularity that this Artist Remixed – Bangarang EP has evoked I might just make another one :) (and I'll be sure to include your remix in it)

Now can we all stop bickering and enjoy the f**king music?

Dranoel January 4, 2012 12:55 PM Reply
  • Both of those Summit remixes are choice.

The Doctor January 5, 2012 1:35 PM Reply
  • All three actually.  Didn't see that one at the bottom.

The Doctor January 5, 2012 1:37 PM Reply
  • So I noticed there has been alot of hate going around the Primavera remix and I just wanted to clear up why I added this remix to the list. For starters I guess it's really only an edit and not really a remix (so just to clear that up)
    Secondly I put this remix on the list because it reminded me of a farely popular video that was spreading among blogs for a while, It was Aarabmusik live mixing Skrillex's music. You couldn't really call what Aarabmusik did a "remix" as more call it an edit since he was chopping and screwing the sound on a mpc. The primavera remix is similar how it plays with looping and editing the sounds.
    As part of Artist Remixed my goal is too show you music from Bedroom Producers and all types of modifications of the original artist. Whether that be a mashup, remix, remake, edit, etc it's simply showing you a new way to look at the song you knew.
    Take this into consideration now listening to Primavera's remix, some food for thought.
    Now everyone stop bickering and enjoy the f**king music!
    Oh and check my facebook page. Lol.

Dranoel January 5, 2012 11:55 PM Reply
  • Great ^^
    Thanks !

Splitsoldier January 6, 2012 7:10 PM Reply
  • Yo these aren't remixes. They are just bootlegs.

Mickmatias January 12, 2012 4:11 AM Reply
  • i prefere the original by far

disqus_kxbOcEC8xp September 21, 2012 7:09 AM Reply