2011-10-31T13:59:11+00:00 2011-10-31T18:29:33+00:00

#MashupMonday – Week 38

Really hot thumbnail for this article post!

Mashup Monday – We're back again with some mashes that will get your week started right. Giving you the freshest, dopest, sickest, smoothest, (every other superlative you can think of) mashups to start your week off with a bang. These are the mashes that are worth hearing, so stop your searching and instead get to listening. Mashup Monday on EARMILK is for the best stuff around, so settle down at your comp…turn up your speakers…and get ready for that sweet nectar that only EARMILK can give ya. Let's GO.

This Monday, I'm following the holiday theme and giving you mostly tracks that were released for the Halloween festivities. Some are heavy, some are spooky, and many of them are perfect for your final Halloween festivities if the weekend wasn't long enough for you. We got some notable names and Mashup Monday regulars in this posting, including 3LAU, DJ Bahler, N3AKO (originally known as DJ Epic), and other big name artists.

Luckily for us, the Halloween weekend brought us some new material from Titus JonesThe Hood Internet, and Mashup Germany . Titus leaves us with a fresh
party track that has a good mix of Top 40 vocal samples along with vocal samples that aren't used as frequently resulting in a mashup that will be an assured hit at your Halloween party. For The Hood Internet's mashup, I'm absolutely loving the vocal sample choice. It's nothing overly complex yet it gives the track a nice flow that pairs well with Wolfgang Gartner. The more I listen to the track, the more impressed I am – leading me to turn up my volume a bit more every time.

Finally, Mashup Germany. There are 2 versions to his new Paradise (Infinity and You Know It): the radio edit and the extended mix. Personally, I like the radio edit just a little more because I like how it starts off with a slower and calmer intro before bringing us that party beat. However, if you want to start with the party beat then the extended mix is for you. So if you are still in the Halloween mood, grab these tracks, get to scaring little children, and Happy Halloween my mashup loving fiends.

Lick It (3LAU Monstamash Disco Edit)
Download: Skrillex & Kaskade Feat. Krewella and Hypercrush – Lick It (3LAU Monstamash Disco Edit)

The Hood Internet - The Way Marvin Was
Download: The Hood Internet – The Way Marvin Was (Big Sean vs Wolfgang Gartner)

Stronger Toys
Download: Dotcom – Stronger Toys

Maximal Unison (Tiesto X Porter Robinson X R3HAB%20%20Swanky Tunes)
Download: N3AKO – Maximal Unison (Tiesto X Porter Robinson X R3HAB & Swanky Tunes)

Titus Jones - Bad Things Will Roll With The Devil
Download: Titus Jones – Bad Things Will Roll With The Devil

Get Some Brain
Download: DJ BAHLER – Get Some Brain

Graycat - Demons on Film (Feat. Fenech-Soler Duran Duran Pendulum and Alex Guadino)
Download: Graycat – Demons on Film (Feat. Fenech-Soler, Duran Duran, Pendulum, and Alex Guadino)

The Night is Young
Download: Yoni – The Night is Young

Awesome Title for MDC
Download: DJ StrongArm – Awesome Title [for MDC]

Fallin In Love With A Zombie
Download:Nammo – Fallin' In Love With A Zombie

Dirty Electric Moves
Download: DiBella – Dirty Electric Moves

Mashup-Germany - Paradise (Infinity and you know it) Radio Edit
Download: Mashup-Germany – Paradise (Infinity and you know it) [Radio Edit]

Feature · Mash Up

• your time compiling this is very much appreciated, but i cannot help but noticing that 90% of these tunes are just unbearable cheesy house music with some horrible rnb vocals. The earlier editions had some cool mashups like juicy dollars etc. WHAT HAPPENED!

terry October 31, 2011 3:05 PM Reply
    • Many mashup artists are gearing themselves towards the electro-driven mashups because it is what gets their audience moving. However your point is taken, and I'll make an effort to find mashups similar to Juicy Dollars for next week's posting. Input from visitors is very much appreciated and taken to heart.

Gutz October 31, 2011 3:12 PM Reply
      • Thanks for taking input so seriously. Not to make your decision harder but I for one love these tracks so keep up the good work! I think starting from post number 2 you're bound to have the good ol' "I liked the old stuff better" cliche complaint

tuxracer November 6, 2011 10:15 AM Reply
    • omg what is this, we have meta hipster complaints now? I LOVE these tracks! Keep up the good work Earmilk!!

tuxracer November 6, 2011 10:12 AM Reply
  • give the guy a break man. thank you for your effort and putting all this together bro. much appreciated.

Anonymous October 31, 2011 3:53 PM Reply
  • Gutz, this mix kills it for Halloween! DJ BAHLER is really sick1

michael October 31, 2011 4:07 PM Reply
  • thanks so much Gutz and shut up terry.

DJ Yallah October 31, 2011 7:47 PM Reply
  • Thanks GUTZ! Support is appreciated!

N3AKO October 31, 2011 8:11 PM Reply
  • I agree that its like 90% electronica/dance mashups…there pretty good but a little more variety would be solid. Some of its so crazy idk what songs are even mashed.

Seth October 31, 2011 10:26 PM Reply
  • they seem to be mostly hit or miss songs for me but anyones that hit are preety damn good and i do apprecite the effort put into the compiling of them all

Entre November 1, 2011 8:08 AM Reply
  • didnt mean to sound harsh at all, as i think its awesome that you spend your time trying to give us something fresh to listen to. Just dont get the overwhelming emphasis on this style of music. Gutz is right when he says that 'Many mashup artists are gearing themselves towards the electro-driven mashups because it is what gets their audience moving', but it isnt the fact its electro – its the fact its poor quality David guetta style repeated chords, no brains just commercial BALLS. Rant over. Obviously each to their own, and some people like this and would be equally critical of my tastes. Just need to have more variaton!!

terry November 1, 2011 2:55 PM Reply
    • Variation is duly noted. Let's see if next week's Mashup Monday will improve on this. Thanks for taking time to comment Terry :)

Gutz November 1, 2011 3:03 PM Reply
  • I appreciate everyone's input and recommendations. I admit that I am more of a electro/dance mashup type of guy, which is why I have more mashups geared toward that style of mashes. However, varying the styles is something that I will keep in mind for next week. If you guys have any suggestions for artists or tracks that I should take a listen to: hit me up on twitter – @ItsGutz, or email me – nicolas@earmilk.com. I'm down to listen to anything.

Gutz November 1, 2011 3:02 PM Reply
  • I totally see where terry is coming from and yet… as always Gutz knocked this one outta the park. I dont really have the time to browse around the internet to find quality mashups so whatever Gutz has to offer is always appreciated!

Keith November 1, 2011 5:12 PM Reply
  • I just want to say thank you for giving me something to look forward to on Mondays. I think it's great the way it is!!

schitt November 1, 2011 9:49 PM Reply
  • Yeah I will have to agree with Terry. I have noticed a major change in the style of mashups from the earlier Mash up Mondays to today. The time and effort you put into finding these tracks is greatly appreciated, but hopefully you can find some similar style of tracks from the earlier mashup monday days

ayo November 2, 2011 1:15 AM Reply
  • hey guys, i'm just wondering what software is best to create music like this?

Anonymous November 2, 2011 5:10 AM Reply
  • I love the Electro/Dance mashups!!! Please don't change it up too much :) Always LOVE the 3LAU mixes!
    Oh and thanks for taking the time to find and share such cool tracks!

Gisele November 3, 2011 5:23 PM Reply
  • any chance we can get 320 versions?? a lot of them say 320, but sound very low quality.. awesome work though!! :)

Morgan November 4, 2011 4:58 AM Reply
  • (emperor palpatine voice) goooood

chris November 5, 2011 4:11 PM Reply
  • As a club dj I have to say, Mash ups where for sometime quite poorly made. However, I would suggest 9 of 10 of these are massive. Well composed, not too busy, familiar tunes with huge house/electro sounds. AWESOME, Thanks

Anonymous November 12, 2011 12:47 PM Reply
  • awesome man would really like to see more audience moving tracks to get you up and geard for party time! but never the less…awesome mix!

Adonis December 22, 2011 9:40 PM Reply