2011-09-14T22:58:11+00:00 2011-09-17T17:05:38+00:00

Artist Remixed – The Beatles

the beatles

There are thousands of popular artists out there today making new singles all the time. With the increase of bedroom producers though, the ability to simply download a whole studio that you can use right on your lap has made original songs more scarce. Now it seems that your finding tens of thousands of remixes by artists with more and more ludicrous names, leaving you wondering "Transexual Viking Sword Bro- what???." This weekly segment will bring you the popular remixes and the never heard of "Transexual Viking Sword Brothers" remixes of a (common) artist's singles. From all these bedroom producers we are seeing one thing, and that is absolutely fantastic, manipulated, warped remixes.

So before I get started I want all the die hard Beatles fans that are going to troll this post saying 'Beatles can't be remixed" "you ruined all of their songs for me" "Beatles are the best! These remixes suck!" Just simply enjoy the remixes for the remixes and how the song you know how been changed not necessarily for the better but for a new interesting perspective on the original.

Every single human being knows the Beatles. I think i'll skip this 'get to know your artist' section. In a nutshell though for the odd ones out, The Beatles are a famous english rock band that was a huge pop sensation in the 1960's.

There are no remixes for this section this week. Let's be serious here, have you ever heard of any of these remixes before? There might be some that stick out as the most popular but there are none that were popular on a widescale comparable to the elevel of popularity from other popular remixes in previous posts.

I'll start off by saying that highlights in electro this week were a hard thing to pick, the remixes were all so good. You see at first I thought it might me the Mawashi remix with it's traumatizing builds, electro funk sounds and Daft Punk vocals. Yet the Audio Jacked remix hits just as hard and brings a heavy rock n roll electro remix into the picture. Even more the Frost DJ Sexx remix has a scratching synth and repeating vocals that had my head in a twirl. And still theres the Punk Rolla remix with almost moombah sounds?!? But in the end I had to give it too the Leather Selecters remix for following the most "Electro" sounds and by keeping me on the edge of my seat with high energy beats.

Birthday (Mawashi Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Birthday (Mawashi Remix)

Come Together (Audio Jacked Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Come Together (Audio Jacked Remix)

Taxman (Frost Dj Sexx Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Taxman (Frost Dj Sexx Remix)

Getting Better (Punk Rolla Remix)
Download:The Beatles – Getting Better (Punk Rolla Remix)

Lucy in the Sky with the Diamond (Leather Selecters Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Lucy in the Sky with the Diamond (Leather Selecters Remix)

Come Together (A.Skillz Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Come Together (A.Skillz Remix)

And I Love Her (Allure Remix)
Download: The Beatles – And I Love Her (Allure Remix)

I've done a section like this before (In the Katy Perry Remixed post) except it was Euro Techno Remixes. I guess this wouldn't be considered "euro techno" but it certainly is in the techno/house remix section. It has all the smooth drops and repetitive beats and song length you could ask for. So next time your in a club raving out on unknown substances I got you covered. Highlights on David Berries Remix for a incredible yet smooth drop.

The Beatles "Tomorrow Never Knows" (DIRTYHERTZ remix)

Dear Prudence (David Berrie Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Dear Prudence (David Berrie Remix)

Day Tripper (Smush Moguls Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Day Tripper (Smush Moguls Remix)

01 With A Little Help From My Friends (Loydeho Funk vs. Vicious Vic Club Remix)
Download: The Beatles – With A Little Help From My Friends (Loydeho Funk vs. Vicious Vic Club Remix)

Yesterday (Saints Corp Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Yesterday (Saint Corps Remix)

These are your "Chill Out" remixes but since we're dealing with The Beatles here it felt only fit to throw pyschedelic in the title as well. Highlights on Brassica Remix for that reason, and the strangeness of it attracts me for some reason unknown. Also if you listen to these remixes there is more of a groovy hypnotizing synth  in here to give it that psychedelic side more than the normal calming beats mixed with accoustic guitar or a light synth. So instead of your usual roll a J and sit back and chill… it's more drop some acid sit back and trip…

A Day In The Life (Brassica Remix)
Download:The Beatles – A Day In The Life (Brassica Remix)

Eleanor Rigby (Skill Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Eleanor Rigby (Skill Remix)

Sun King (Facu Cruz Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Sun King (Facu Cruz Remix)

Flying (Arcturus Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Flying (Arcturus Remix)

Love You To (Quick Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Love You To (Quick Remix)

Call it funk, call it disco, call it Nu-Disco, call it whatever new abstract combination of titles you hipsters have invented today. It's funk, plain and simple. Just listen as the repeating loops and funky drums take you back. Highlights on Paul Gettos remix, one of my favourite remixes here and tied for first so kudos Paul Getto. I Am the Walrus was a already upbeat song as it was. This just gave it so much more potential.

I Am the Walrus (Paul Getto Remix)
Download: The Beatles – I Am the Walrus (Paul Getto Remix)

Eleanor Rigby (Short Circuit Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Eleanor Rigby (Short Circuit Remix)

01 Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (Streetlab Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (Streetlab Remix)

Wompppp womp, wa-wa-wa-wa-WOMP. That was my text replication of dubstep.  Really impressed this week with the dubstep I found. I thought it was going to be a slaughtering field of bedroom DJ's trying to use their illegally downloaded software studios to try and remix the classics but fail brutally. Instead it was a slaughtering field of builds, drops, and womps. Enjoy. Highlights on David Lee Crows remix.

Eleanor RIgby (Warrior Music Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Eleanor RIgby (Warrior Music Remix)

A Day In the Life (Statik Dubstep Remix)
Download: The Beatles – A Day In the Life (Statik Dubstep Remix)

Come Together (Omega Dubstep Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Come Together (Omega Dubstep Remix)

Because (David Lee Crow Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Because (David Lee Crow Remix)

Hey Jude (Statik LA Z boy Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Hey Jude (Statik LA-Z boy Remix)

Eleanor Rigby (Butch Clancy Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Eleanor Rigby (Butch Clancy Remix)

I wasn't quite sure what this remix section should be labelled since it wasn't really electro or funk remixes. I decided to label it Chopped and Screwed Remixes because most of the vocals in these remixes have been chopped and screwed. I even debated the title Rock N Roll Remixes because you can defiantly here different drum/guitar patterns in some of the remixes. Give them a listen and give a comment below as to what title you would put them under. Highlights on Crizzly Bear Remix.

Hey Bulldog (Crizzly Bear Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Hey Bulldog (Crizzly Bear Remix)

Helter Skelter (Soundhog Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Helter Skelter (Soundhog Remix)

My overall favourite remix is the Kaytradamus Remix so congratulations Kaytradamus! There are several reasons why I choose Kaytradamus's remix above others and thats for the fact of the smooth yet absolutely filthy vibes on this track. Yes, I did just say filthy and no this is not a dubstep track. That's right, a song that is more filthy than any dubstep track and it's simply just beat orientated. That final minute and thirty seconds is just wincing to listen too. And the beginning beats? Simply terrifying. I love it. Enjoy!

Eleanor Rigby (Kaytradamus Remix)
Download: The Beatles – Eleanor Rigby (Kaytradamus Remix)

Make sure you follow

Ideas for future "Artist Remixed?" post a comment or two (Or Three!?!) Below

Chillout · Dubstep · Electronic · Moombahton

• Should have included some the beatles-white albumXjayz-black album= the grey album mixed by Dj danger mouse

Dferg September 15, 2011 2:34 AM Reply
  • it would appear you have a very tame taste in dubstep Dranoel.

jayjay September 15, 2011 5:12 AM Reply
  • And I love her – Allure remix is also pretty good.

Anonymous September 15, 2011 5:54 AM Reply
  • @Dferg- Things like that i'm iffy about, because then it almost becomes a mashup and no longer a remix ya know?
    @Jayajay – how so? You not impressed with the dubstep in this post then?
    @ Anonymous – Not heard that yet, but i'll go check it out!

Dranoel September 15, 2011 7:32 AM Reply
  • hey dude. you missed one of the best remixs out there! its semi new, but its worth a repost if you have time to edit:

The Beatles – Come Together (A.Skillz Remix)

juliancassady September 15, 2011 9:03 AM Reply
  • the Omega version of Come Together is sick as hell.

Mitch McFadden September 15, 2011 9:43 AM Reply
    • I don't know, it's gotten alot of hype but to be honest it was probably my least favourite of all the dubstep remixes. Why? I'm not sure, just didn't do anything for me.

Dranoel November 28, 2011 8:55 PM Reply
  • Also, the Helter Skelter C &S is 404ing.

Mitch McFadden September 15, 2011 9:47 AM Reply
  • The dub hater is just that, the dub remixes goooo! I hadn't heard any but the Come Together Omega remix, the Butch Clancy one is dope as are the others!

d'Artganan September 15, 2011 11:16 AM Reply
  • Agreed with DFerg, Danger Mouse could have been included for sure.
    nd, as much as I hate mash-ups, DJ Zebra does a surprising great one of Come together and Closer by NIN. Definitely worth checking out.

Elysevh September 15, 2011 11:16 AM Reply
    • Sweet, will do!

Dranoel November 28, 2011 8:54 PM Reply
  • And what the other person said! Allure's remix of And I Love Her is one of the best there is

d'Artganan September 15, 2011 11:19 AM Reply
  • As the readers you guys decide, I generally wouldn't think to include mashups. I mean this weekly segment was made really to show underground artist and their remixes of a popular artist since there's such an increase in producers and djs today. BUT if you guys want MASHUPS, i'll throw in some mashups for artist remixed coming.

Dranoel September 15, 2011 12:17 PM Reply
  • Also, get excited for the next week(s) "Artist Remixed" It's gunna be good, like i've said before, big things coming for artist remixed…

Dranoel September 15, 2011 12:18 PM Reply
  • need some better dubstep!

ethan September 15, 2011 1:23 PM Reply
  • Pingback: Artist Remixed – The Beatles – EARMILK.COM | Liverpool Hotels

• crystal castles, daft punk, miike snow, or the xx

Taylor Nielsen September 15, 2011 2:55 PM Reply
  • i thought the dubstep was pretty good this week, it was more relaxed dubstep and not your crazy across the room dubstep, okay guys. You are the readers after all! I'll do my best to find you filthy, grimey, skrillex type dubstep for next week. And Taylor Nielsen, one of those is coming soon, not too too soon, because as I said big things planned for artist remixed but you'll get your fix.

Dranoel September 15, 2011 8:48 PM Reply
    • Agreed, epic chilled Dub – Butch Clancy,Omega, Statik on form :)

Sheppy September 16, 2011 9:00 AM Reply
  • i never usually comment, but this post legitimately needs to be edited so that allure's remix of "and i love her" is added on. the best remix of any beatles song, ever!

Passerby September 15, 2011 11:35 PM Reply
  • I don't know what everyone else is talking about. I loved this artist remixed. Well done sir.

Tom September 16, 2011 5:06 AM Reply
  • BEST Beatles Remix –> End of the Walrus (BoyGenius Remix Mashup). http://www.earmilk.com/2011/07/03/suicide-sundaes-week-76/

Sheppy September 16, 2011 8:27 AM Reply
  • Love this section, keep them coming! Of course there's going to be a lot of fan feedback with something broad like this, just don't get discouraged!

SrsBusiness September 16, 2011 1:13 PM Reply
  • 'Blue Rigby' by Wax Audio is worth a shout (A remix of sorts)

el September 17, 2011 7:48 AM Reply
  • Ahh u forgot the craziest "Chill"mix of A Day in the Life, but of mystery to this one, been posted on Soundcloud on various accounts but no one quite knows who made it, mesmerizing none the less

Treyz September 17, 2011 8:35 PM Reply
  • i'm from liverpool and was dubious about this, but oh my days LOVE THESE especial the walrus remix, yes earmilk! you done it again! iv just written my blog about dance music/remixes, click name above and have a read! @elizabethmward

elizabetty September 19, 2011 5:11 PM Reply
  • Did this Mix a bit ago so its not my best work but worth posting I guess.. http://soundcloud.com/cool-colors/help-from-my-friendsc

DJCoolColors September 19, 2011 10:12 PM Reply
  • These all suck. Especially the Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. It's not even in time with the lyrics.

Anonymous September 21, 2011 10:49 PM Reply
    • yes it is poo! the LSD verse is in 3/4 time – that remix is all in 4/4 time. noob dj?

cloudsqueezer August 25, 2013 6:25 AM Reply
  • lol^

Dranoel September 22, 2011 11:31 AM Reply
  • I am soo happy I found this website! I'm comming back after classes for sure.

Zach hopper aka dubstepdrummer September 24, 2011 4:52 AM Reply
  • You hadn't heard the Bærs remix of Hold Me Tight?

I know these comment are lookin spammed, but this one just Feels So Right.

Sam.D September 28, 2011 12:24 PM Reply
  • Pingback: Artist Remixed – Swedish House Mafia - EARMILK.COM

• Missing the house version of "Because". Artist is unknown as was on "White Label" most likely the best remix of the track ever produced.

Kush November 6, 2012 10:11 AM Reply
  • Have some good-sounding more traditional remixes here:

Would love to get some feedback / comments !

astrolabe10 May 14, 2013 1:03 AM Reply
  • I'm looking for an mp3 version of this dubstep mix to "I want you (she's so heavy)", I found it on youtube but want a downloadable version of just the song so I can easily stick it on my mp3 player.. I doubt I'll remember to come back here and check for a reply, so if anyone knows it, knows where I can find it, etc, pleeeeease email me. PinkMinxDesign@gmail.com

ChristieBunny August 1, 2013 4:26 PM Reply