2011-06-28T15:32:27+00:00 2011-06-28T22:39:44+00:00

Artist Remixed- Ellie Goulding

ellie goulding earmilk

There are thousands of popular artists out there today making new singles all the time. With the increase of bedroom producers though, the ability to simply download a whole studio that you can use right on your lap has made original songs more scarce. Now it seems that your findingtens of thousands of remixes by artists with more and more ludicrous names, leaving you wondering "Transexual Viking Sword Bro- what???." This weekly segment will bring you the popular remixes and the never heard of "Transexual Viking Sword Brothers" remixes of a (common) artist's singles. From all these bedroom producers we are seeing one thing, and that is absolutely fantastic, manipulated, warped remixes.

PRE AMBLE: Hello readers, Its that time again of the week for the 'Artist Remixed' Segment, but I have sorrow news, as summer fast approaches for me  it nears me going to camp for all summer. Now before you all cry at once, all hope is not lost, I get every weekend off so I will try very hard to keep these posts coming every tuesday as long as I can, if some weeks I miss posting please be understanding and know I'll be trying really hard to keep up. Thanks for everyone that has been following 'Artist Remixed' so far and your guys love and support is awesome!

Ellie Goulding. We all have heard our fair share of Ellie Goulding Remixes. Now at first I told myself I wasn't going to do her (same with Justice or Daft Punk, calm haters) but since the disturbing lack of Dubstep in my posts, who other to show dubstep remixes of than Ellie Goulding. I mean let's be real, this post could be straight dubstep remixes but I won't do that to the folks that think it's like listening to a washing machine. So Ellie Goulding, if you weren't aware already is a british singer/song writer. She came into popularity in 2009 and really shot off in 2010 with her debut album "Lights." The album contained most of her hit singles like "Lights," "Starry Eyed," "Your Song,"  etc. So a lot of dubstep this week, I also tried to find remixes you might not have heard so it's not simply things you already know because they are all pretty well known. Enjoy dubstep lovers, enjoy!

These are probably the most generic remixes of Ellie Goulding, the songs that when you think of Ellie Goulding come to your mind (at least for me.) To be completely honest I don't think I've ever listened to a actual Ellie Goulding song. They've all been remixes. Such big songs here, stupidly big, I remember when the Jakwob remix came out, I think every single person that has ever listened to a dubstep song has heard that song. But here you go, highlights on the Jabwok remix.

Starry Eyes (Jakwob Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Starry Eyes (Jakwob Remix)

Your Song (Blackmill Dubstep Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Your Song (Blackmill Dubstep Remix)

Lights (Bassnectar Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Lights (Bassnectar Remix)

As previously stated, the main milk of this post is going to be the dubstep section, the real prime-grime of your weekly gulp of 'Artist Remixed.' So there is some electro remixes, their pretty nice and anything electro is always good. The electro remixes are more soft electro this time, not your usual thrash and gash. They are all still very good, and let's be real your going to have shellshock from the dubstep segment, so relax, your get your filth then. I'm saving the best for last. The prime 2%, a.k.a 'that filth.'

Under The Sheets (Kids at the Bar Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Under The Sheets (Kids at the Bar Remix)

Salt Skin (Azedia Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Salt Skin (Azedia Remix)

Guns And Horses (Monsieur Adi Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Guns And Horses (Monsieur Adi Remix)

Starry Eyed (Russ Chimes Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Starry Eyed (Russ Chimes Remix)

Salt Skin (Alex Metric Remix) 1
Download: Ellie Goulding – Salt Skin (Alex Metric Remix)

Under The Sheets (Baby Monster Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Under The Sheets (Baby Monster Remix)

These are your 'Chill Remixes.' I thought these were pretty nice, almost like the electro remixes above but when you take out the synths and the little bit of excitement they had. Less 'bleepidy bloops' and more 'ahhhhhhs.' There were a lot of 'Chill Remixes' and i can only guess it's because they work so well with Ellie Goulding's voice. I mean she does after all have the voice of an angel… Oh Ellie Goulding, you are SO hot.

The Writer (Alan Braxe Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – The Writer (Alan Braxe Remix)

Heartbeats (Cosmonaut Grechko Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Heartbeats (Cosmonaut Grechko Remix)

Your Song (Matthew Spear Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Your Song (Matthew Spear Remix)

The Writer (P.E.S.T Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – The Writer (P.E.S.T Remix)

The dubstep in this post was too much to simply throw all under one label "Dubstep." So I decided to split it up into sections based on my definitions of "Dubstep"

These are your very "Scattered Remixes" as i like to call them, the dubstep that really is all over the place. The type of dubstep Skrillex really made big in the scene. The type of dubstep that makes your head spin and throws you about the room, arms flailing, drool leaking from your mouth and your eyes rolled back as the sounds don't seem to be coming in any direct pattern and are just attacking you from every angle. This is the Dubstep I love. (That is one WIN description if you ask me.) Highlights on the SubVibe Remix.

Lights (The SoniXx Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Lights (The SoniXx Remix)

Wonderman (Bare Noize Remix)
Download: Tinie Tempah feat. Ellie Goulding – Wonderman (Bare Noize Remix)

The Writer (SubVibe Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – The Writer (SubVibe Remix)

Lights (Eyes Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Lights (Eyes Remix)

Firstly, to all you haters out there that are going to be like "Drum & Bass" is not dubstep, yes this is true but this whole section is mainly for the filthy music, that grimey stuff. So keep calm, and don't loose your cool about stupid silly things. I added this section because if i'm really highlighting the grime of Ellie Goulding remixes you can't NOT have "Drum & Bass." I've looked for them on other artists and haven't came up with much. Ellie Goulding on the other hand… Well just play a few below and you'll see what I mean. Highlights on the 539 Limited Remix.

Starry Eyes (Jakwob Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Starry Eyes (Jakwob Remix)

Everytime You Go (Pro P Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Everytime You Go (Pro P Remix)

Starry Eyed (Dexcell Remix)
Download: Dexcell – Starry Eyed (Dexcell Remix)

Lights (Messed Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Lights (Messed Remix)

Guns and Horses (Gimmix Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Guns and Horses (Gimmix Remix)

Starry Eyed (539 Limited Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Starry Eyed (539 Limited Remix)

Every Time You Go (CoolGhost Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Every Time You Go (CoolGhost Remix)

In this world of 'dirty grimey filth' is it even possible to have "Calm Dubstep?" Isn't dubstep it self suppose to be made on that heavy woops and crazy drops. Sure, but with so many different types of dubstep out now were seeing everything. So I guess you could say sit back, relax– and listen to this filth? Hmm, I'll have to think of something that sounds better than that. In the mean time, enjoy. Highlights on the S.J.P Remix.

Guns and Horses (Jaques Jezzy Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Guns and Horses (Jaques Jezzy Remix)

The Writer (SJP Dubstep Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – The Writer (SJP Dubstep Remix)

Your Song (FRE3DOM Dubstep Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Your Song (FRE3DOM Dubstep Remix)

Probably my favourite dubstep section this time, this is the heavy classic dubstep that makes you wince. This is the dubstep that makes you cringe up and think "UMHHFFF, F**K THAT SHIT IS FILTHY." When you listen to the first song and hear that "UMHFFF" at 2:44 seconds you'll know what i'm talking about. So highlights on Messed Remix.

Home (Messed Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Home (Messed Remixx)

Human (Aimless Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Human (Aimless Remix)

Under The Sheets (Jakwob Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Under The Sheets (Jakwob Remix)

Guns and Horses (DJ Wire Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Ellie Goulding – Guns and Horses (DJ Wire Remix)

Starry Eyed (At Dawn We Rage Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Starry Eyed (At Dawn We Rage Remix)

At first I was going to pick the Kids at the Bar remix, and then I thought, who am I am kidding! Dubstep remixes has been the main focus of this post and it would be pretty stupid not to do a Dubstep remix! So here it is, I picked the SMM Sideproject Remix for several reasons. First because of the shivers it send down my spine. It's utterly breath taking, the dubstep works in perfect sync with the vocals and tear through you viciously. The dubstep I would call that UMHFFF sounds and it really reminds me of some heavy yet not grimey dubstep that you might see Adventure Club Dubstep do or even At Dawn We Rage (which you do, look above!) So enjoy, and nice work SMM Side Project

_Salt Skin (SMM Sideproject Remix)
Download: Ellie Goulding – Salt Skin (SMM Sideproject Remix)

Make sure to follow Ellie Goulding here

Make sure to follow/send me tracks here

P.S. Thanks @Robbe Nelissen for commenting this idea on my first post, it was a good idea and I've finally gotten around to it!

Chillout · Dubstep · Electro

• Ellie reminds me of the chick in La Roux, in that she has this kind of haunting quality to her voice, making remixes better than a lot of her original material.

Great post.

logan June 28, 2011 3:40 PM Reply
    • Completely agree, on that note I wouldn't mind an Artist Remixed on La Roux.

Horseface O'Malley June 29, 2011 12:15 AM Reply
      • i would.

quartzar_the_king June 29, 2011 8:33 PM Reply
      • I would love that.
        great suggestion

Anonymous July 3, 2011 1:12 PM Reply
  • Brilliant post. Fell in love with Dubstep and Ellie when I heard the Jakwob remix to Starry Eyed. Was actually fortunate enough to see him live on my birthday this year in Miami. Bare Noize's remix to Wonderman gives birth to a brand new song, it sounds nothing like the original! Amazing. Logan stated it perfectly, she got a haunting quality to her voice. Thanks for sharing all the new music I hadn't heard and for a good read.

Jessica June 28, 2011 4:53 PM Reply
    • completely agree, that mix was the first time i ever heard dubstep, even though at the time i didn't know it was dubz, and i fell in love with it!

shikin July 8, 2011 10:42 PM Reply
  • wow, overall favorite, wow.

Jessica June 28, 2011 5:07 PM Reply
  • wow…. this is fucking trash… maybe you should learn what Dubstep actually is and not dis respect the genre with a bunch of shitty brostep..

uh June 28, 2011 5:14 PM Reply
    • Dubstep is not just deep dark wobble bud. nice try though maybe you should learn eh?

Anonymous July 8, 2011 7:45 PM Reply
  • @uh: Chill you bender. If you think you know what's better make your own website and post songs. Next, you'll be saying you've been listening to Dubstep from when it first started, throw out names like Artwork, Benga, Distance and Skream; whoop dee fucking do, we all know them now. You want a cookie for that shit? Music is music, now get the fucking pole out your pompous ass because you aren't any better than the rest of these people. Great, you have an opinion, you don't need to voice it. Keep up the work @Dranoel, for those of us that appreciate it.

B@ss June 28, 2011 6:45 PM Reply
    • Straight Respect! (L)

Dranoel December 6, 2011 10:35 PM Reply
  • @B@ss : thank you. Gettting sooo tired of dubstep "puritans" like @uh who seek out posts to bash rather than bringing something worthwhile to the table. Great job to @Dranoel for throwing up such an extensive list of remixes. Earmilk continues to make my "Recently Added" super fresh and awesome!

B@ss rules June 28, 2011 7:21 PM Reply
    • Thanks Guys!

dranoel December 6, 2011 10:35 PM Reply
  • best fucking post ever

Visile June 28, 2011 7:56 PM Reply
  • aimless remix of human. eff me sideways, epic. and guys, music is music, don't try and label it and be 'aah it isnt dubstep' basics, if it makes you move, not only your body, but your soul aswell, then its fine by my books. this isn't about what dubstep is or how pure it is, its about progression, about music by one artist being taken to a whole new level by another artist. so long live the dubstep! (or whatever it may be)

elizabetty June 28, 2011 7:58 PM Reply
  • well done

Croydon Croydon June 28, 2011 8:15 PM Reply
  • Pingback: The Artist Known as Ellie Goulding | lifeafternirvana

• Hey Dranoel, thanks for the post! Glad my mix could be your favorite!

SMMsideproject June 28, 2011 10:32 PM Reply
    • Very well done my friend!
      Big improvement over "Darksaw" ;)

iLoveLampXx June 29, 2011 5:43 PM Reply
      • haha, back in the day

SMMsideproject June 30, 2011 11:18 AM Reply
  • i hate people like @uh who cant accept new kinds of music.
    Btw i love the posts, keep up the good work!

papahoi June 29, 2011 1:56 AM Reply
  • her voice is quite sexy too lol

papahoi June 29, 2011 1:59 AM Reply
  • i hate commenting on blogs but thank you @Dranoel for this. i agree with La Roux remixed, and/or Adele.

notjk June 29, 2011 2:30 AM Reply
  • meh, pretty disappointed by the dubstep section here. I got very excited when I saw this post because I already had the Bassnectar, Dexcell and Jakwob remixes so I know how amazing her voice sounds over a heavy bassline and I was looking forward to grabbing some more gems, but the majority of the dubstep section seems to be either the original song (occasionally pitchshifted) with a substandard bassline over the top or badly made dubstep songs with snatches of ellie goulding thrown in so they "count" as remixes. You also missed a trick by not including the Fytch remix of Lights which is absolutely bangin'. That said the electro and chillout sections had some nice remixes so kudos there

squack June 29, 2011 7:19 AM Reply
    • How about you read the intro buddy. Hes talking about people who are starting out making dubstep in bedroom studios. I made the Your Song remix under the relaxing section under FRE3DOM. I'm only 19 and just started producing dubstep recently, after producing hip-hop for a while. So are you saying the first dubstep song I produce has to sound like Bassnector or Skrillex? The second I touch the mouse I can make a professional sounding song? Stop hating on these people who are just starting out making a genre that NOBODY knows ANYTHING about, and don't pretend like you do. You can say you've been listening to it since 2004 when it first came out and wasn't popular, or say you know "mad" artists, but if you put it simply, how is it possible for all of these random bedroom artists to make half-decent dubstep songs? Because people understand the ability to layout their mind and feelings on a computer program under a newly labeled genre that has no rules, at a time when almost anyone can easily get access to so many different music programs and new kinds of technology. So if I were you I would take a step back and look at dubstep as a whole for a min.

Anonymous July 10, 2011 12:07 PM Reply
  • I think you guys missed the c41 remix of lights :P

Paragon June 29, 2011 9:19 AM Reply
  • couldve been reduced to 4 tracks, the rest are generic shit. also i don;t understand the "drum & bass" section. you say anything filthy should fit under the genre of dubstep? this reads like you don't know much about what youre talking about?

ScatGown June 29, 2011 9:22 AM Reply
  • I am incredibly surprised this track didn't make the list.
    Best chillout remix of Ellie Goulding.

Trinday June 29, 2011 9:41 AM Reply
  • Another fucking fantastic post. Just one thing the Home (Messed Remix) file is missing. I was looking forward to listening to it.

Tom June 29, 2011 10:37 AM Reply
  • amazing post!
    I love Ellie

Ryan O. Hicks June 29, 2011 11:03 AM Reply
  • but actually do adele

Dan June 29, 2011 11:37 AM Reply
  • Pingback: Ellie Goulding – Your Song (Blackmill Dubstep Remix) x Lights (Blackmill Dubstep Remix) | itstheBino

• Where is the "Download All" link? :(

Haha..i need that in my life right now.

AnonymousJay June 29, 2011 2:03 PM Reply
  • Bassnectar remix pwns all the others. Quality post though.

Jordan June 29, 2011 5:29 PM Reply
  • lolol, hey followers, just a FYI im not going to have a post for next tuesday, im pretty hard pressed on time right now. My bad, but the next week is gunna be killer! i already got a sick idea for a artist… I probably won't be doing la roux soon, some of the other guys I work with have suggested different styles of music, you'll know what i mean next post, or it might be even the next next post. Lol, you'll see regardless. Love to everyone postive, fuck off to the haters.

Dranoel June 29, 2011 6:40 PM Reply
  • That's how you know the site is quality. Big ups again.

Hey Dranoel, thanks for the post! Glad my mix could be your favorite!

B@ss June 29, 2011 8:24 PM Reply
  • artist remixed has already become one of my favorites, if not THE favorite, earmilk special of the week. keep it up dranoel

quartzar_the_king June 29, 2011 8:36 PM Reply
  • JESUS CHRIST you were right about the Messed remix

trogdor June 29, 2011 10:04 PM Reply
  • Hah, you really listened! Thanks man! I appreciate it a lot!

Robbe Nelissen June 30, 2011 10:04 AM Reply
  • Surprised that the Shook remix of Lights didn't make it here since it is the sexiest version of Ellie you will find

Garifo June 30, 2011 5:57 PM Reply
    • Agreed.

Anon July 21, 2011 1:18 PM Reply
  • Pingback: Ellie Goulding – Heartbeats (Cosmonaut Grechko edit) | Djayggregator

• how about a coldplay artist remixed?

quartzar_the_king July 3, 2011 11:43 AM Reply
    • Just put up!

Dranoel December 6, 2011 10:38 PM Reply
  • She's such a talent. And these remixes are a great addition to her star qualities

John Bareth July 3, 2011 5:14 PM Reply
  • Coooolldplay!!! that's a really good idea! I can't guarantee it any time too soon unfortunately but I really like that idea so you WILL see it!

Dranoel July 3, 2011 9:24 PM Reply
  • Awesome post, fun to read, filthy tracks.

Statarb July 4, 2011 2:51 AM Reply
  • I know i'm pretty late and you already included his remix of Guns and Horses, but the Monsieur Adi remix of Starry Eyed should be here.

BumpsBeats July 5, 2011 10:21 AM Reply
  • Dranoel
    Coooolldplay!!! that’s a really good idea! I can’t guarantee it any time too soon unfortunately but I really like that idea so you WILL see it!

Don't forget to include the 'Justice remix' ;)

Undone July 5, 2011 8:06 PM Reply
  • great post, so thorough! keep it up!

Anonymous July 7, 2011 12:04 PM Reply
  • Trinday
    I am incredibly surprised this track didn’t make the list.
    Best chillout remix of Ellie Goulding.

I definitely second this

Meesh July 7, 2011 10:16 PM Reply
  • Loved Bare Noize's Wonderman. How about a remix post on Nadia Ali?

Anonymous July 11, 2011 1:37 PM Reply
  • I think ellies' the only girl i'll ever go borat on and kidnap her.

slugamiz October 2, 2011 8:48 AM Reply
  • You have no fucking clue what Electro is. You confuse house music with something that has nothing to do with house music.

jesus fucking christ i'm so sick of this.

Electro October 20, 2011 6:44 PM Reply
    • ahahahahaha was that directed to me?

Dranoel October 20, 2011 9:05 PM Reply